CBR1100XX.org Forum

Traxxion Dynamics vs. Dan Kyle

SD Marc

My forks are at Dan's Now--should be back this weekend

Common Opinions seem to be Hondas-Dan, Suzukis, Yamahas--Lindemann at least in the AFM community in NorCal

Go on www.fireblades.com and ask around about both---then make your decision--there are tons of threads about fork revalving, even some arguements between Dan/Max

I bought a shock from Traxxion and they have great customer service and very fair prices. As far as quality of product I haven't compared between the two, but my shock has been great as far as improvement over stock, so I'm happy!

I don't know if that helps, but thought I'd throw in my $.02...

Go on www.fireblades.com and ask around about both

No, no.... that's http://www.fireblades.ORG, which is Conq's outstanding forum (I'm a moderator there, too! :mrgreen: )

There is no question whatsoever that the magic Dan Kyle did to my forks is nothing short of brilliant. Between Dan overhauling the forks to my specs (and, of course, the Ohlins rear, too), the Blackbird is a totally transformed bike. Never has the front end been so compliant; bumps and road irregularities are sucked up like they are not even there.

I could wax poetic over my Dan Kyle-overhauled Blackbird forks all day long. Trust me, you'll be more than a happy camper. Several hundred FireBlade owners will attest to the same thing.

Normally, I never ever let anyone touch my machines; I always do my own work. Dan Kyle is one (and only) man I will make an exception for. He's that good. There it is.

What might one expect to pay for a Fork Overhaul to the level that they "suck up the bumps"?

And do I understand correctly that you remove the fork entirely and ship the entire mass to the legendary Dan Kyle, this would seem like a fairly straight forward extraction and reinstall compared to seperating and rebuilding the forks DIY style.

Thanks

TC

I think it's 6 of one and a half a dozen of another.

Traxxion does do alot of GP bikes as well as others.

I bought my Penske shock there and their customer service is excellent!!

Given a choice if you could only fix one or the other for now, rear or forks, which would pick to do first?

I would prolly let the odometer make the decision..... if you're over 20-25K, I'd do the rear shock.

But if I was less than that, I'd probably do the forks.

I've always done the forks first because the rear is always "somewhat" adjustable. :roll:

Also if the front goes away its scary and hard to recover:bigshock: , on the same hand the back is alot more controllable when it gets outta hand.

Do the front first then the back. :grin: