CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbird Comfort

Cossi

I do Aspirin all day when riding LD.

For me, I get sore when I sit still, ALWAYS MOVE. I don't care what you do, if you stay in one place too long, you will get sore, stiff.... Change things up, but ALWAYS BE MOVING!!!!

MaXX

Are there any particular stretched or body parts you guys work on? I thought it wasn't good to stretch a cold muscle?

I have been doing cycling for the leg muscles, and trying especially to work on hamstrings (pull thru the leg stroke), as my hamstrings are underdeveloped for my quads. I think the key is to do something, though. Get more fit, get more limber, get the blood moving.

I also do some light exercises on the lower back, and shoulders/triceps. I know it's a no-no, but supporting my upper body on my arms to give the back a rest now and again seems really helpful.

Stretch everything, and don't neglect the neck and hips. I spend extra time stretching my back, since it's doing a fair amount of work.

I never thought about advil on trips, I'll have to try that sometime.

J.

Silverbird

Thanks for the info on LHP Pole Poss Pegs, didnt know about them!

I am very happy with the Buell Pegs and its over for me in the peg dept.

Other guys shopping pegs should check out all options.

Slow stretching is fine anytime, for me its slow old stretching..

I stretch alot before weight lifting, saves injury caused by starting to lift cold, done that!!

Chaser

Standard Corbin seat, Heli bars and Buell Pegs and I'll do full gass runs all day long. A gas run will take me around 2/2.5 hours so every other one I pop 2-3 Ibuprofen to keep the joints from getting stiff. I havent done any Ironbutts but I have done 700+ mile days basically only stopping for gas/gatorade/snack. I did find out I need to stick to 20 ounce Gatorades...those 32 ounces put a hurtin on the bladder around 50-75 miles into a run :wink:

Standard Corbin seat, Heli bars and Buell Pegs and I'll do full gass runs all day long. A gas run will take me around 2/2.5 hours so every other one I pop 2-3 Ibuprofen to keep the joints from getting stiff. I havent done any Ironbutts but I have done 700+ mile days basically only stopping for gas/gatorade/snack. I did find out I need to stick to 20 ounce Gatorades...those 32 ounces put a hurtin on the bladder around 50-75 miles into a run :wink:

CamelBak yo! Sip as needed!

Silverbird1100

Do you have a part number for those pegs as I checked out LHP and could not locate them all, I kept finding is Super Pole pegs and Honda is not offered.

I'd be too tempted to mix some smooth, pain relieving liquids:oops:

I'd be too tempted to mix some smooth, pain relieving liquids :oops:

LOL! 3 liters of that and you won't be able to stand up, let alone ride the Bird!

Ok... regarding exercise and distance riding:

I work out: Lift 3 days a week, run 3 days a week. Nothing excessive, I'm not trying to build huge amounts of muscle mass, but I make a point of doing something, as my work is a desk job.

JRed's got it right: it makes a difference, especially in the leg area, to do some form of work out. My knees used to be horrible, but after starting a workout program, lifting weights, especially the leg workout, they're MUCH better off. Once the supporting muscles were stronger, I was able to start running, and that's made a world of difference.

I brought along a Camelbak for the trip to Reno. For the most part, I barely used it when it was cooler, because I was worried I'd have to stop and piss. But when it got hot, both in the desert and on the way home across Nebraska, it was a GODSEND. I'm looking for a way to mount it to the tank for the trip to Towanda, because my shoulders were getting sore from carrying it on my back, and it didn't really let the Aerostich vent like it's built to.

I also know people who just automatically pop a couple of asprin, ibuprofin, whatever, in the morning before a ride.

Ha! I pop 4 350mg aspirin every morning and sometimes in the evening.

Oh, yeah. Sorry. This is not related to riding at all. Whee!

I would also like more info on the LP pegs Silver babe..

MY distance advice..: :arrow:  

mURI_temp_86c91e9f.jpg

HUGE difference..

plus it makes it look like your packing heat in all the pics..

first row far right..

normal_a100_9809.jpg

Actually me and my neighbor (rides a ZZR12) were thinking about trying these things. but aren't they really hot during the summer?

From what I can see from my catalog, they are now called superhole and I don't see the ones for the F4i which I use. The 929's are L109-4610 for the smooth surface or L109-5601 for a more jagged surface. I know the 600RR's fit the bird as well.

Nevermind, just found my reciept- L109-4600 :D V360K YOu could contact LP to see what's compatable

Back support wrap is HOT but, look around and find one that is made of

Mesh like Joe Rocket mesh summer jacket and has elastic in the sides, velcro etc.

saw a guy, worker at home Depote wearing one and scored one for my self.

I carry it in bottom of my tail bag...just in case I get the bends

hundreds of miles from home, doesnt take up much room.

Chaser

Interesting and timely post...

This morning I was playing around with the ergos on my 'Bird. I have noticed that on long rides I was getting a major pain between my righr shoulder and my neck... Just on that side. I've installed the Buell pegs and that took care of my lower body, but I was still having som problems with my torso. I've rotated the helibars about 3/4 of an inch forward from where they were originally installed and that helped tremendously. I then spent a fair amount of time riding the same sections of road with the Givi screen and then the Airblade DB. The Givi gives me a better air flow for my current ergos.

Anyone wanna buy a brand new Airblade??? :oops:

I also decided that rather than buy new jackets (I don't need a kidney belt!) I have unretired the mountain bike and will start riding it in the mornings again... Well I needed to get back in shape anyway...