CBR1100XX.org Forum

honda warnings?

Ronnie

I think that was the first sticker I took off my bike, just before going to full synthetic :lol::lol:

Seriously, I have no idea what you are talking about :(

There are so many guys on this board that run synthetic that it would probably be impossible to figure out. I ran syn in my '99XX for 19,000 miles before selling it. Just go buy some and put it in, then get ready for smoother shifting and longer intervals between oil changes.

No problems with synthetic oil, been using it for two seasons now, only warning i know of,Is to use synthetic without moly. moly will cause your clutch to silp.

I know the manual on my buddy's VFR800FI said to not use any oil with Moly... which is what Honda's full synthetic oil has in it (at least the stuff I could find) because of the wet clutch....

Mike

At 5,000 miles I started using Mobil 1 15/50 auto oil in my tuned

Bandit 1200, changed about every 3,000.

At 21,000 I did a compression/leak down test and all 4 cylinders were

on the money 150lbs.

I never had any clutch issues, running hard.

The rule of thumb with the Bandit guys was as long as you were not

drag racing ( a lot) you wont have clutch problems.

I am at 4900+ miles on my Bird now and have been undecided on

WHICH OIL? to go with..

Chaser

The guys on the UK forum reckon Honda has released service bulletins in the past stating that fully synthetic oil should NOT be used in the Blackbird. Why I don't know but I've been running Silkolene Race in my bike for the past 8,000kms with no ill effect. Oh and I did this on my dealers advice. :shock:

Anyone know anything about Honda  warnings about running blackbirds on full synth oil?

Yeah, they'll be missing out on $78.00 bucks of your hard earned coin, warning. :lol:

Invalid Poll... such a breach of board laws could have you disbarred... don't let it happen again!

For anyone inquiring about oil. There are no reprocussions on using Syn il, thre are no reprocussions on using syn/dino mix, and no reprocussions on using pure dino oil. Some use WD-40 while others prefer Canola. The bike will run fine on anything you put in it... there are no oil-related problems whatsoever