CBR1100XX.org Forum

CENTER STAND

fasttraxx

After buying my bike and having the single after market exhaust on the right side, I noticed that the center stand really protrudes out on the left. I was wondering how many people have removed it, and would it be worth it to do so especially if you need to lube the chain and do other basic mechanical repairs to the bike?

All you need is a Dion, Right Tim?

Yeah, but you're in fucking New York. My chain is in serious need of maintenance, you need to get your ass out here.

Seriously, I'm presently without a centerstand, and I miss it sorely. Chain maintenance, rear wheel removal, it's all a pain in the ass without the stand. Rear stand would help in the garage, but does noting for you in Arkanas parking lots.

You can pull the centerstand off and section out about 4" of the footlever, still works fine, looks a lot better (thanks to Jeff for doing that to mine, now I just need a stop.....)

I didn't run a centerstand for a long time but had one at the house. You don't have to hook up the springs to work on it, just the two mounting bolts. I put mine back on when I put a stock header and slipons back on the bike after getting rid of my single sided exhaust.

Don't dance around, dammit. Hit me full on.

Okey-dokey-

So, J, how's those stops going? Gonna happen this year or should I just pony up and buy the Two Brothers stop? Hurry up, ya fucker, I had to pull my rear wheel in a hotel parking lot with no centerstand- I blame you entirely... :P :wink: :D

I run without a centerstand, but that's because I've lowered it, and the legs were too long. Shortening the legs would probably have made more sense, but, well, this only involved taking out bolts.

Besides, I have a bike center lift as well as a lift table for things that really need it.

I just took mine off a month ago, I use a pitbull to hoist the rear. (Note-adjust pitbull for XX swingarm instead of RC) Bad things happen if you dont adjust properly!! :evil:

Haven't needed it but it is nice parking so the bike is level. With my rear raise and the front lowered it leans alot on the sidestand.

Are we supposed to do something with the chain?? :roll:

i just use a floor jack

hahahahah

get all four wheel off the ground

never lube a chain it ruins them

sand sticks to them and kills the o rings and the grease in there runs out

yeah so what

knob kreak

i just use a floor jack

hahahahah

get all four wheel off the ground

Thats a good idea, turn the floor jack upside down and use it that way!

All 4 wheels pointed up. Sit bike on backside of jack and go at it! GOOD IDEA! :roll: