CBR1100XX.org Forum

Always tires...

silverbird1100

Seems like most poeple would uses the BT020's if the front wasn't the worst available. Has anyone ever tried a combo? Yes, yes, you shouln't mix tires but you gotta do what you gotta do on a bike like this.

I wonder how a BT020 rear and a pilot road front would do? I only ask because I noticed the rear pilot doesn't like to turn as much as some tires and the 020's are more rounded. Just a thought.

I've run a LOT of mismatched tires, no problems.

Just don't have a more sticky tire on the rear than the front. If you ride hard enough you'd rather loose the rear than the front.

If you stick to ST tires you'll be fine.

I used to run BT010 on the front and BT020 on the rear of my Triumph Sprint ST but haven't tried the combo

on the 'bird. I liked the additional stick of the 010 on the front and never had any handling problems. Since I

haven't tried it on the 'bird, I can't say whether or not there'd be handling issues. YMMV, of course.

Pete, that being said, isn't the BT020 the longest lasting rear you've had?

Actually the factory BT 57 got the most for me at 6600 miles.

But I've since been riding harder and harder the longer I own this bike and tires I used early and then again get way less.

The first 020 I put on got 6400 miles.

The last one got 4400 miles.

I haven't worn them out yet but the Conti Road Attacks might get less then 4k miles. (for the rear)

Contiforces are next.

Then.........??????????

What about the Bridgestone 010 fron with a 020 rear? Might give the additional stickiness needed...

I don't have the options in South Africa that are found in "1st world" countries ...