CBR1100XX.org Forum

Invalid_session re-revisited

If you get this error, what type of connection do you have?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• Dialup, non-AOL / CIS
    • AOL / CIS
    • Cable
    • DSL, always-on
    • DSL, connects as needed
    • DSL, don't know which type
    • Satellite
    • Other wireless
    • T1/T3/other dedicated
    • Other

Just seeing if it'll let me start new threads, like ToXXic says his will. Jerry's having the same problem. Still need to clean out my cache, this just reading and no posting is getting old :sad: .

Ok how about this one. If I go to post a reply and I click on "View more Emoticons" (not with the Emoticons that are posted ot the left) then select one of them it deletes what I was typeing.

I have tried it several times with the same result

Ken

It's cuz you were choosing an inappropriate emoticon.  

I must be a very, very bad boy!! Just don't tell my wife please. :lol:

Ken

Hmm, if that's true, then we have two issues. I know for a fact the session loss without an IP address change is an issue, because I get that when I lose my sessions. My address has not changed in months though. I also don't think we're having this issue on the other boards I host, but I am going to ask and see if I find a pattern.

I can't code in php. Just no skills in that at all. So I have no ability to change this. If there's a phpBB mod to do it, I'm open to the idea.

Meanwhile, I'd like to figure something out, so take the poll.

As far as Ken's emoticon issue, that's something I couldn't even find as a previous issue with a search. Which browser and version? Have you tried the cache clearing?

Joe suggested I use Internet Explorer as my browser rather than AOL, if this goes through it'll be my second successful post in a row- a record in the last 4 days.

FWIW...

AOL is notorious for switching IP addresses mid session. This messes with ALOT of software's security models.

A good deal of the software my company writes freaks out if you use AOL because of the mid session IP switching...

IP switching is a common hacker tactic, and thus the security structure of a lot of software will freak if it happens.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... AOL sucks..

Joe suggested I use Internet Explorer as my browser rather than AOL

Oh, shit, I never thought someone would be using the AOL browser. Yeah, that thing is known to have serious issues with any secure php apps. Ok, is anybody else having the problem and NOT using the AOL browser?

If I go to post a reply and I click on "View more Emoticons" (not with the Emoticons that are posted ot the left) then select one of them it deletes what I was typeing.

Ok, it is working now! :grin: But is is!! :bike:

Ken

i use the compuserve browser, which i think is some version of mozilla. but i dont know how to find that out.

this post is through IE. we will see if it goes through. i was able to post once a few minutes ago with the cs browser then i got the invalid message.

i hope i can use compuserve soon cause this IE is slowwwww.

one more try just to see if that was a fluke.

joe i got your email and responded with pretty much the same as i said above, but you probably already know that by now.

now i'm torn. i dont know whether to go post my ass off or go to bed.

thanxx for the fix.

Joe,

Would leaving myself "logged" on at work, i.e., failing to "log out" cause me to have "invalid sessions" at home?

Never did before.......................

Tim

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use