CBR1100XX.org Forum

Not long enough?

mack82097

I just put a set of GenMar risers on the XX. Whenever it goes to full right lock, the choke cable gets pulled and engages the choke. I think that if I re-route the cable behind the left fork, maybe there'll be enough slack. Has anyone else had this same problem? Does the choke cable need to be replaced with a longer one?

Thanks,

Colin

If you are sitting on the bike, the choke cable comes out from the left grip housing, past the front of the left fork tube, under the top clamp, into a hole in the frame right in front of the gas tank, and then straight back to the carbs. Maybe there's a channel on the bottom of the airbox for the cable? I recently took the tank and airbox off, so it's possible that I screwed up.

Colin

That's OK, we can take our bikes apart without worrying about spraying 80 psi worth of gas all over.

If that's your best argument for carbs over FI, I'll keep my '01, thank you very much :grin: . Besides, since when is spraying 80 psi of gas all over a bad thing? :twisted:

Do chicks still dig scars even when they're 3rd degree burns on your face? :???:

Colin,

Is the GenMar revised bar position a major improvement (in terms of comfort) or is it barely perceptible? I'm considering going this route also (see my thread regarding my 'bird comfort issues).

Thanks,

-Pace

I have the genmar risers and in reality all they are is aluminum thick walled pipe with a cap. Ill be moving to '02 vfr bars soon. I have seen side by side pics of stock 'bird bars and vfr ones and the vfr's are taller and a little longer as well as being a tad swept back. Good Luck!

• 2 months later...
I just put a set of GenMar risers on the XX.  Whenever it goes to full right lock, the choke cable gets pulled and engages the choke.  I think that if I re-route the cable behind the left fork, maybe there'll be enough slack.   Has anyone else had this same problem?  Does the choke cable need to be replaced with a longer one?

Thanks,

Colin

I am sure you are long enough for me! In fact I hope to find out during the NEXXT meet! :twisted:

Do the VFR bars. I had both and ended up with the VFR bars. You can simulate the Genmars by just loosening up the bars an lifting them about a 1/2". Genmars only go up about 3/4". VFR bars go up about 3/4 or 1" and back about 1 ". Then you can lift those a little too!

MikeG