CBR1100XX.org Forum

buzz worthy--I need some help here

Mr.XXBlackbird

Ok so heres the deal, the last couple of rides I have been noticing a vibration when at highway speeds ...its comeing from the engine ...almost like a miss but it is not there at idle...and it seems to be getting worse

I am going to take the bike to the local honda dealer to have it checked out .. but I thought I would ask here first ..so that I have an idea of what might be going on before I turn it over to them....by the way I changed the oil and plugs about a month ago when I first started sensing there might be a problem....it was very light at first and has grown into a very noticeable buzz

Do you think changing the CCT would help -I only have 8500 mi on it

any help is appricated on this issue

also I am going to have my new Pilot Roads installed this weekend anyway ...cant wait to try em

No :sad: ---I just put on new tires and cant ride because I am afraid that what ever it is is going to hurt the engine....on top of that we have had two days of good weather (mornigs at least) at last...going to pull the tank and air box off and check the plugs and wires ...thats as far as I will go myself ... then its off to the dealer if that dont fix it :sad: and there goes my new exhaust money but I'd rather have a sound bike w/stock pipes

Still open for suggestions

R-

how is your drive chain wear? mine is worn and the main reason I know it is becasue of the slight vibration and also becasue of the tight and loose spots of the chain when I oil it or adjust it. when riding it feels like a weird grinding vibration, but not quite, hard to explain, but I know its the chain.. just a thought. also if your chain has been emiting thaty wonderful red dust between oilings.. good indication its about to die... hope you find it and hope you find its something minor!

Not the chain..for sure ...happens when in neutral...after further inspection .. sound/vibration happens through out rev range just more noticeable above 4000...sucks too, buzz through the bars ..Icant enjoy even a short ride ...gotta get it fixed ... just mounted my new tires ...the sun is shining today and I took my car, just to give you an Idea of how bad it is. :cry: :cry:

R-

Changing the CCT will run you 40-50$ USD and 20 minutes (or 2 hours if your blind with no arms). I'd start with that before sending your bird in the shop.

Here are the part numbers...

Ask for part # 06140-MAT-315. If they look at you weird, ask for part # 06140-MAT-305 (both numbers reference the same thing).

Go to your nearest dealer and have them order one for you.

Installation:

The CCT is on the right side of the engine, when you seat on the bike.

Remove the bolt that holds the innerfairing (the black unpainted long piece that fills up the gap between tha frame and the side fairing) and loosen the fairing bolts, move the fairing out a bit and you should be able to see a piece bolted to the engine with two bolts. You do not need to remove the whole fairing. Dont forget: Once the CCT is bolted on, you can pull on the little piece of metal at the end of the CCT BUT NOT BOFORE IT IS INSTALLED! This will release the tensoner onto the CAM Chain. Put the fairing back into it's place and VoilĂ ! Brand new engine!

Good luck!