CBR1100XX.org Forum

maxxis tires

highlypolishedXX

No experience here that I know of.

If you do get them, I'm very interested in how they work. I tried to get a set for trial when they first came out, but they're district sales guy is a dickhead with no personality at all.

Couldn't even direct me to where they can be bought :roll:

Do you have a source for new ones, as in wholesale? Last I saw, they were more expensive than the Sportec's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

i found them here , but i originally found them on a site called www.discountmotorcyletire.com , but their site is not working right now--these are what they look like though.

i have no personal experience with them. but i do have a friend who has them mounted on his busa. he has had them since the first of last summer. he does burnouts on a regular basis and they still look brand new. (which leads me to believe they have little or no grip). the guy who sold them to him, told him that he would have trouble getting them to hook up on the strip. said that everyone he had sold complained about not hooking up. but my friend bought them cause they were the cheapest.(cheap guy). they break loose with the slightest flick of the wrist. :???:

not sure about all of these tires so take this with a grain of salt

Friends don't let friends buy dunlops. Dunlops have a bad habbit of cupping on the bird. I like my Avons and will go with another set. Next set I buy will probably be the 49/50 combo. I have the 45/46 combo right now and love them. I don't really have any complaints about the 45/46 but am going to try Avon's stickier tire for shits and giggles. If the tread wear isn't what I expect, then I'll go back to the 45/46.

I've probably got another 4K to go on my rear. If you get the 50 rear, let me know what you think about it and what kind of tread wear you get. I'm definately going with the 49 front next time. It don't cup on you or anything does it?

Polished:

Tires around here are as follows:

Dunlop: Cup badly, all of them

Bridgestone: See Dunlop and add "don't stick very well" to it

Michelin: Do not seem to cup on the 'bird, Pilot Sport doesn't last real long, but longer than some supersport tires, Pilot Road seems to last well and still grip well

Avon: Do not cup, but some have noticed a slight wobble in the front end off throttle, in gear, 35-40mph, probably associated with the tread design and made worse if you have loose steering head bearings. They turn in well, grip well, and last well (45/46 combo)... the 49/50 combo is their supersport tire I believe.

The major controvercy is between the Avon 45/46 and the Michelin Pilot Road... Neither cup, both last well and grip well. Personaly preference from there out.

Just what I have gathered...

Mike

You forgot Metzeler. M1s stick well, don't cup and are cheap, but they wear fast.

The Z6 rear (haven't tried the front) is one of the best all around tires I've used. Great stick, nice handling and good for 6-7k, unless you're Pete :wink:

• 2 months later...
You forgot Metzeler. M1s stick well, don't cup and are cheap, but they wear fast.

The Z6 rear (haven't tried the front) is one of the best all around tires I've used. Great stick, nice handling and good for 6-7k, unless you're Pete  :wink:

[-X :banghead:

I'm already wearing down my free Road Attack rear. Since I wearout ANY expensive rear in 4 to 5K miles I'm going to run Contiforces. Got a set coming for $181 SHIPPED from:

http://stores.ebay.com/EMOTOGUY_Motorcycle...1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Might try Maxxis, hell if they don't stick, maybe they'll last. :??sign:

The Z6 rear (haven't tried the front) is one of the best all around tires I've used. Great stick, nice handling and good for 6-7k, unless you're Pete  :wink:

[-X :banghead:

I'm already wearing down my free Road Attack rear. Since I wearout ANY expensive rear in 4 to 5K miles I'm going to run Contiforces. Got a set coming for $181 SHIPPED from:

http://stores.ebay.com/EMOTOGUY_Motorcycle...1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Might try Maxxis, hell if they don't stick, maybe they'll last. :??sign:

What do you think of the Attacks?

Bridgestone: See Dunlop and add "don't stick very well" to it    

That would not be the case for me......

Going on my 2nd set of 020's and minding my pressure they have not cupped.

Plenty of stick at least for me. :wink: =D>

Guest rockmeupto125
Yeah, it's about time someone mentioned the Z6 :wink:

Yeah, I hear they stick real well to porcelein, glass, and tile.....

Dion, Attacks ride,corner and handle fine for me.

When I wear out THIS rear I'll better know mileage.

Thanks Pete, I like the idea of a front and rear for 2 bills.

D