CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hearing the music

blkbrdrydr

Has anyone come up with a way of connecting a XM Radio to a helmet headset like J&M?

If not... what earplugs are comfortable inside of a tight-fitting helmet? I tried some Koss earplugs the other day and thought that my ears were going to be ripped off when I tried to put my helmet on and even worse... take it off.

I have J&M headsets in a couple of helmets already for my Goldwing but I really want to mount the Roady on my XX

Thanks

Cna't help with the J&M setup, but as far as earbuds, go here- http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/eaandearbu.html

I've got the Etymotic ER-6 earbuds, no problems putting on or removing my helmet, they are almost completely inside my ears, including the drivers. Kinda pricey, but after much screwing around and experimenting I found no good, cheap solution.

Bill, check out

www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.store

under navigate and audio, earplug/speaker solutions. The Koss/Etymotic earplugs. It's the setup I use, great sound, not to much $ and comfortable. Mike

I have a sirius setup through my Autocomm. The autocomm lets you add an almost infinite number of electronics into it with the addition of splitters (about $50 each).

What I have so far is a beltronics detection unit, a sony fm/am tuner ($30, keep it cheep, they will disintegrate over time) and the sirius tuner (just installed, so I cannot vouch for the stability yet)

The sirius receiver allows for FM modulation so I will probably end up running it through the little sony, although I am doubtful it will work because of all the electronic interference on the bike. My goal is to integrate my phone into the system. The autocomm has a separate input for it. A REAL problem...my phone is a Kyocera 7135 "smartphone" that has a built in MP3 player, which is pretty cool, but the plug is a 4 connector setup and it has been a bitch trying to figure out an adapter that allows full functionality.

• 1 month later...
The XM Roadie II has a built-in FM modulator.

My solution is going to be to dismantle and install one of these in my helmet:

http://store.sundancesolar.com/solamheadsol.html

I haven't done it yet, so I can't say for sure that it works, but the idea of no cords is enticing.

Have you tried the FM modulator yet? Around here it doesn't work for shit. Apparently there are too many stations that are too close to the frequencies that the modulator runs on and it causes interferance. I tried using it for awhile, but got frustrated and gave up. Besides, direct wiring gives much better sound.

Have you tried the FM modulator yet? Around here it doesn't work for shit. Apparently there are too many stations that are too close to the frequencies that the modulator runs on and it causes interferance. I tried using it for awhile, but got frustrated and gave up. Besides, direct wiring gives much better sound.

I've been using the FM modulator on the Roadie II in my truck, and I have very few compaints. If I decide to leave it that way, I'll just remove the FM antenna from the stereo altogether.

This is probably what I'll do with the headset as well -- I don't need to pick up signals from any farther away than 3'.

The Apple ipod earbuds work extremely comfortably under any helmet. I have speakers installed in my lid, but I've been using them instead because they tend to sound a little better than my helmet's, and they go with me.

Cna't help with the J&M setup, but as far as earbuds, go here- http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/eaandearbu.html

I've got the Etymotic ER-6 earbuds, no problems putting on or removing my helmet, they are almost completely inside my ears, including the drivers. Kinda pricey, but after much screwing around and experimenting I found no good, cheap solution.

I just ordered the Shure E2's and have pretty much decided on the Starcom1. The next trick is to see if I can get the jabra A210 to link the phone to the Starcom without a wire.