CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front headlight problem.....HELP

DaveK

The 100 Watt bulbs definetly overheated the entire unit and the little black thingy that attaches to the bulb on the low beam is burnt and partially melted. One of the little connectors inside the black bulb thingy was rusted. I replaced the black thing that goes on the bulb but when I connect the plug to the back of the bulb...the light still doesn't work. But when I put my hand up on the back of the plug and wiggle it...it turns on. Then I wiggle it and it turns off. I was able to get it to stay on...but I am afraid that once I hit a bump...Off it goes. Should I wait until it goes off again....or should I replace anything else ?

I put 55W bulbs back in.

Thanks,

Dave

Wasn't there a post a few weeks ago about NOT putting 100W bulbs in? :poke:

If you can, ohm out the harness and get somebody to wiggle the wires for you with the meter leads attached. It sounds like you may have a broken wire or a point where the insulation has broken down and it may be touching something it shouldn't.

Steve (who had same problem 2 months ago...)

Ummm...... as per your post title, do you have a rear headlight?????? :razz: I just checked I don't.

If you got the whole thing hot enough to melt the bulb holder, check the wire connector and try to clean the connections or squeeze the blades together for a better connection.