CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cut your fairing for frame sliders?

rickrad

Is there any interest in "race" type frame sliders?  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• ABSOLUTELY !!
    • Yea, but I'm on the fence, maybe if they look good.
    • No f'ing way I'm cutting a damn hole for that shit !
    • Nobody gives a shit, shut your piehole about the stupid frame sliders, ain't you got nuthin' better to do
    • I'm too busy poundin Palmela Handerson I'll check back later

I was tinkering with the idea of building some race type frame sliders. For you guys that are afraid of the fairing mount bending.

These will involve cutting a 2" diameter hole in each lower fairing and replacing two of the motor mount bolts with the ones provided in the kit. My plan is to make them out of polished aluminum (since that seems to be the most popular).

It just makes my butt pucker to go cutting on a perfectly good fairing but I'm working on the first set and I can post some pics when they are done.

Are you talking about sliders like the ones here from R&G Racing?  

You need to cut your fairing to install these, too.....

blackbird3.jpg

Those are similar to my idea. That seems to be about the placement of them. There is definately tricks to getting the placement right before you cut. The best is to use play-doh or something simular on the inside of the fairing, install the frame slider, and press the fairing up where it would mount and presto, a template.

The first ones will be aluminum and I'll get to the black ones. And yes, I'll try to discount them.

Right on....btw, I pissed off some Harley doodes this weekend getting off a ferry....everyone starts them up and fuggin potatoe potatoe everywhere bellowing throughout the deck....crap, I look over at my bud and put my feet up on your frame sliders and put my arms up like I was holdin onto a set of ape hangers right up front surrounded by about 20 hardley bastards...fug mang, thought they were all about to kick my arse but it was funnier than hell :lol:

Laters-

Sanch

The first ones will be aluminum and I'll get to the black ones. And yes, I'll try to discount them.

Right on....btw, I pissed off some Harley doodes this weekend getting off a ferry....everyone starts them up and fuggin potatoe potatoe everywhere bellowing throughout the deck....crap, I look over at my bud and put my feet up on your frame sliders and put my arms up like I was holdin onto a set of ape hangers right up front surrounded by about 20 hardley bastards...fug mang, thought they were all about to kick my arse but it was funnier than hell :lol:

Laters-

Sanch

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was tinkering with the idea of building some race type frame sliders. For you guys that are afraid of the fairing mount bending.  

These will involve cutting a 2" diameter hole in each lower fairing and replacing two of the motor mount bolts with the ones provided in the kit. My plan is to make them out of polished aluminum (since that seems to be the most popular).

It just makes my butt pucker to go cutting on a perfectly good fairing but I'm working on the first set and I can post some pics when they are done.

SOunds like a good idea :)

Want to see pics of what happens when you lowside with these types and then when it flips and highsides?

Want to see pics of what happens when you lowside with these types and then when it flips and highsides?

Honestly, I hope not to have those pictures although I believe they will do thier job. :grin:

Honestly, I hope not to have those pictures although I believe they will do thier job. :grin:

And the ones that get mounted in the fairing stay holes? The ones from JAWS. They get ripped right outta the holes ! I'll take pics and post em soon.