CBR1100XX.org Forum

Muzzy 4 into 1 exhaust

Ripped1

Greetings All.

I recently purchased a '97 Blackbird with only 4,000 miles on it. :grin: This is my first "BIG" bike and I need some advice.

I want to gain some power, and lose some weight so I have been looking at Muzzy's full titanium exhaust system. Does anyone have any experience with this setup on the Blackbird? :?: How should I jet my carbs after the pipe swap? Is there a better system for the Blackbird? Which system is the lightest?

I know that I have a lot of questions, but I want to get this right the first time. I absolutely love my bike and I want it to be tthe best it can be.

Try looking into the Akrapovic 4-2-1 exhaust. I love mine. Titanium can looks great, saves about 20 pounds, and adds about 7-8 horsepower. You'll find a lot of people running the Akrapovic on the xx and everyone I've talked to loves it.

I have heard about Akropovic, but I don't know anyone who has purchased that system. How does it sound? What color is your bike, mine is black?

What was the problem with the Muzzy can?

My last bike was an YZF750, and I did very little to it because I was on a "college" budget. I am going crazy now reading all of the wild claims by different manufacturers, and no two mechanics at my local bike shop agree on anything, much less an exhaust system for a Blackbird. I am the only person I know around here who rides one.

I use it for everything from daily commuting :sad: , to sport touring :grin: , to weekend corner carving :twisted: . Will this make a difference in which pipe I should buy?

Check out the Yoshimura tri-oval titanium full system. I watched Yoshimura technicians install one on a XX, and I must say the sound was absolutely beautiful. Not too loud, and not blatting like others. Also, with the new Yosh system you don't have to remove your center stand. It comes with a "stopper" that allows you to keep your center stand

Try looking into the Akrapovic 4-2-1 exhaust. I love mine. Titanium can looks great, saves about 20 pounds, and adds about 7-8 horsepower. You'll find a lot of people running the Akrapovic on the xx and everyone I've talked to loves it.

Where did you buy this full system from? How loud? I just bought a '99 that came with D&D slip ons and it's really loud - not what I want.

Thanks,

JR

Rich,

Hi. I saw that you were looking to replace your Muzzy 4-1 ? Is that correct? If so, are you interested in selling it? I'm in need of an aftermarket header, and don't care what kind of condition the can is in.

If this is something you are interested in, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

I got my Akrapovic pipe through Lockhart Phillips. You can get all kinds of replacemint parts for the Akrapovic (sticker, outer sleeve, hangers, repacking, etc.). I love the sound, it's not too loud and has a good growl at higher revs. My bike is black and with the titanium can it looks good.