CBR1100XX.org Forum

Buell peg conversion

voodooxx

since i was taking pics i got some of the buell pegs.

for those interested in swapping the pegs are off the buell xb9s. the "s" model pegs have about a 1" drop. i have them mounted on an xb9r since im so tall. first thing i notice is they might have to be ground down a little to fit in the xx mounts. also the pin is thicker on the buell so you would definitely have to shim it or use a sleeve. you might use the hardware from the buell and just drill out the pin hole on the xx. only problem with this is if you hate it you can't change it. i know these pics arent great but maybe they will be useful if you are considering the swapover.

20049224540544821014663.jpg

20049227712253042782425.jpg

:)

My set of rider pegs were shipped today from HD dealer. I ordered them online. How much material did you have to grind off to make them fit? I plan on removing my stock pegs and measuring with micrometer. I have a dremel type tool that should work well making them fit and removing the "curb feelers". Let me know of any "hang ups" to be prepared for. I will post pics of prgress when they arrive.

if you are asking me. i dont know. i just own a buell xb9r and an XX. saw where some people where talking about it so i thought id post a few pics. just so everyone could see what they look like. the pics of the pegs are on the buell and the pegs held next to the XX.

sorry

jbowen4 how do those buell pegs affect your shift/brake levers? I found using the adjustable lockhart philips pegs that I was able to adjust the brake pedal to get somewhat close but it was still high, and the shift lever was either too high or too low...not to mention I felt the pegs were not as long as the xx so I went back to stock...

I have not adjusted the brake or shift lever as of yet. I did have to notch the peg to fit around the brake lever. Will wait until I ride it. I have a size 15 foot so from sitting on the center stand I didnt have much of a problem with the heighth difference. I will ride today and tomorrow and post the results.