CBR1100XX.org Forum

What tyre do you use?

UmboXX

I have the Avon on the back. It’s great once it warms up and damn does it last. I’m not pleased with it in the rain though, and will be looking forward to a compromise next time. It has broke free several times under what I would not call a heavy throttle, and forget about any kind of lean in the rain.

Actually, I've been ton up in the rain in Glenwood canyon on I-70 and found that the Avon was pleasantly stable-but the tire was only about 200 miles old. I'm on my 3rd rear and 2nd front 45/46 and my only complaint is that I can't seem to get more than 4,000 miles out of the rear tire.

Bryan...might try the Pilot Roads next...

Actually, I've been ton up in the rain in Glenwood canyon on I-70

:grin: :grin: Don't you just love running through the permanent speed checker?

Warning 45 mph corner ahead. Your current speed is.....

On a 1000-in-24 ride a couple years ago, I followed a Gold Wing with BIG aux lights. (That's why I followed him).

He was grinding pegs and other parts all the way down that canyon. The spark show was awsome!!

I've got a set of Avon AV45/46. they grip really well and I've got about 8000Km on them so far, back tire is about 50% and the front almost looks new.

Unfortunatly I've got a plug in the back tire so it will be getting replaced as soon as I can efford it.   I don't mind ridding around town with a plug, but no road trips with it.  I just don't trust it.....

How long is your riding season??

Fuck, Yellowknife, Northwest Territory just sounds WAY up NORD!!!

MaXX

Ridding season is pretty short up here. Usually get the bike out on the road about the end of April, and put it back in storage middle of October.

Even with the short season, I get lots of ridding in. I plan to spend vacation on the bike every summer. I put about 15,000Km(9300miles) on it this summer in one trip.

Yellowknife to Nova Scotia, 5 days ridding 7,500Km(4650miles) each way. Could have done it in 4 days if it wasn't for the rain.

:bike:

I have being using the Michelin Sportec front and rear. I Love them, have gone through about 6 rears and 3 fronts so far. The mileage is not high but the grip in dry and rain is great. Very stable at all speeds, well at least to 295 kph ( as per spedometer before I get flamed to death)

Brian

Pilot Sport front---Pilot Road rear. Great combination---but haven't a clue as to what they would feel like in that stuff they call 'rain'---being in So. California. Happy trails kel

• 2 weeks later...

'Bought the bike with Pirelli Diablos, don't like'em! Can't wait for them to bald-up so I can slap on those sweet Pilot Roads like I had on my previous bird! got 12k miles out of 'em no signs of cupping, front or rear, and what I admired the most was the fact that the grip (although not the stickiest I've seen obviously) is very constant regardless of temperature...It's one of the most predictable tires around.