CBR1100XX.org Forum

Swingarm Pivot Tool ? Questions...

dodge7d

I've got one, ordered it from my local dealer.

Others have reported good results with notching/grinding an appropriately sized socket to fit the castling on the nut. It'd be impossible to torque according to the manual with the homemade version, but I bet it's a lot cheaper.

The Honda tool allows you to hold the "pivot bolt" while torqing the lock nut, as the factory manual suggests.

Without the tool, there is no way to do this. You can still torque the lock nut, but not independant of the pivot nut. Splitting hairs, I know, but that's what the manual says to do, and you can't do it without the tool.

I believe a member here had chain slack/alignment issues that were traced back to an improperly torqued swingarm bolt, but can't remember for sure. Either way is probably fine, as long as you know you're cutting corners a bit.

I believe a member here had chain slack/alignment issues that were traced back to an improperly torqued swingarm bolt, but can't remember for sure. Either way is probably fine, as long as you know you're cutting corners a bit.

That would be me and my swingarm bolt. Once torqued properly using the tool, problem went away.