CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pilot Road or D208s

Mr.XXBlackbird

Pilot Road or D208s  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• A:Pilot Road
    • B:Dunlop D208ZR

I am about to buy a new set of tires and have narrowed the choices to Michelin and Dunlop, I have BT57's on the bike now :sad: ....which do you guys think would be a good replacement...I ride all road , no trackdays or anything but i do like the triple digits now and again :twisted:

Also if you have these tires where is best place to get them ?

Ralph

almost forgot ....D: Hookers

I like my Dunlop 208's but I haven't had them long enough to discuss wear yet. I got a set of 208's shipped to my door for 195.00 I think that is a good deal. I got them from motorcycletireplanet.com. Hope this helps. :headscratch:

I have the D208's. Great tires. Very good grip. Went riding with Speed99 on Saturday and no problems in the curves at more than double the recommended speed. My speeds were up to 150+mph with no issues.

Rich

StPeteXX

I have a pilot Sport on the front and a Pilot Road on the rear and really like the combination. Just finished a Reg Pridmore class at Streets of Willow (race track) and after about fifteen minutes at 32psi they started to hook up well and worked well all day. Also, getting very good life out of them. I will probably not buy another set---not because they are not a good/great tire---but rather because they are from France.

Happy trails kel

Pilot Road is a great tire :grin: , mine has about 1,700 miles on with very little rear wear, and no front wear :grin: , also front has zero cupping :shock: , I never saw a dunlop that does NOT cup :cry: . I ordered my 2nd rear last week so I can match up the front (2 to 1), after that will DEFINITLY get the Avons 45/46 :grin: , hope to get over 6,000 from the rear :) . Also their is no shimmy and very stable at 100 mph + sweepers :wink: .

Harry

to keep the dunlops from cupping you have to run the front tire backwards.. seems strange but the owner of lees said the dunlop techs (he rides for them) told him thats the trick. I love my 208's, I lean the bike over far enough and fast enough for hard parts to rub, and have never even gotten a slide out of em, and I am on the gas hard out of corners (not race speeds but fast enough for the street) and I am getting .. well the set I am on now has shit over 6000 on em, and I ride in the twistys all the time, althogh not I dont ride hard all the time. the tires are great all around performers, I will not even try another tire. :cycle:

I would say it all depends on your riding.

If it's only between those two tires get the Roads.

If not get the Avon 45/46 combo. I have 1318 miles on the 45/46 combo and there are no signs of cupping or weird tread issues.

i did the Roads from www.swmototires.com ...

no regrets, do it again, good prices, fast shipment, great tire (esp. vs. bt57) ...

either avon or roads will fit your riding style no problem ...

u can only go so fast on the street, so why would u want to be changing tires every couple thousand miles?

For your ridding, I would go with the Pilot Roads! I have 208's on my bike and they are great for the canyons and the track, I've run with much smaller bikes on a tight track while dragging parts and had no problems with traction. But after this weekend trip the rear will be toast at about 2,800 miles! I am going to try the Road Pilots next! I also do a fair amount of Two up ridding at stupid speeds, so I am sure that dosen't help the mileage factor!

:grin:

• 2 weeks later...