CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone ever try a Speed Pak?

BDAZ XX

I picked up this tankbag at Sears Point for my run to Cody next month and I am unsure if I like it or not. Has anyone ever tried one or I am just having buyers remorse?

I picked it up because I have a hardshell tail trunk I use when I travel on the bike and it matches fairly close.

2003554586123080956610.jpg

Randy, you need to get a flea & tick collar for your bike.  There's a huge tick sucking the gas out of it.

Shit your right! it does look like a big TICK! :shock: :grin:

Give us some of dat shit, mang! Preatty creative mind there SN! :wink:

I've got one, didn't like it at first, but used it some when i had the beetles off. the more i used it, the more i liked it. 1 click, outta the way for gas, holds more than it looks,waterproof, no scratching, right height to lean on, no sliding around.

Francis

Actually I'm just fucking with you of course, I checked them out and like the concept a lot. I want something to keep my garage door opener and phone it. I just didn't like that it doesn't have a map pocket, which is another need I have.

Yes it has a strap kit and magnet blanket it attatches to as well.

I saw one that was slightly different that strapped to the back, looked like an over grown TLR tail piece---it had a CF shell like yours but that accordian stuff on the bottom to make it tall as--it actually looked pretty trick on the R1--but might ne tough on your tail section

Thats exactly what I have for the back. I covered the accordian shit up so it looks smooth and aerodynamic. :wink: :grin:

It matches up with this tankbag quite nicely! :cool:

I'll snap a shot tonight when I get home to show you guys how they look.

Anxious to see the pics as I had considered one for the tail myself.....just wasn't sure how goofy it would look on the 'bird.

How's it for storage? I know that it expands upward, but I think it would look absolutely rediculous fully extended. Will it hold enough for a long weekend without expanding too much?

How did you smooth out the accordian part?

Cool right as I type this the race from last weekend came on!! :grin:

Anyway heres what they look like.

Rear shot

2003561122516972730878.jpg

Side Shot

2003575430574612843353.jpg

Gotta go watch the race........Later!

How's it for storage? I know that it expands upward, but I think it would look absolutely rediculous fully extended. Will it hold enough for a long weekend without expanding too much?

How did you smooth out the accordian part?

It works great! Theres a bag shaped like the floor of the carrier that all your stuff goes into, Then theres a BIG velcro flap to hold everything down. I dont extend it but a couple of inches when packed for a multi day run. To expand it full height would be crazy,I dont think it would stay on the bike at all going at highway speeds. Theres even a gun pouch :wink: inside the front of the shell.

LOVE WHERE YOU PARK YOUR BIKE! thats the way I like to the bird taken care off!

Ya it was starting to rain outside and my shop has a torn apart RC51 in it so I decided to pull it inside to do somethings to her.

Thats the one----is it a speedpack?????How much????Any issues???Looks very sweet

I picked this up at Laguna a couple of years back. Its called a "FASTBAG", the tank bag is a "SPEEDPACK". I think it was like $225 or so at the track.

I was considering some other soft bags but they look like shit. IMO :wink:

I started pulling my bird into the living room and I just got foot right up my ass, Randy can you give my wife a call and tell about the importance of parking the bird in the house

I cheated!!! :shock:

Tammys in Dallas for a week. :grin: She has come in and seen it in there before and looked at me and just shook her head. heehee :grin: The bikes are normally parked in my trailer, locked and secure with a BIG Dobie and Rottie in the yard.

Steve show her the picture and tell her we all do it and you should be able to too! Just dont let her read this. :wink:

setup looks great.

checking out the FastBag... very nice- i like how it locks too, so you can just leave it on when you grab some food.

Randy- that center stand can't be too great for your carpet! :wink:

• 1 year later...