CBR1100XX.org Forum

Beetle Bag Capacity ????????

cbwheels

Since Corbin won't answer, what is the size of the opening on these bags?

From pictures, it looks like they won't accomodate helmets??? :?:

You are correct. You can't fit a helmet in them. You can, however, fit a ton of stuff in them, including a gallon of milk.

Unless your a harley rider :razz:

Honestly, they're ok for overnight or maybe a weekend and they do look good but you'll need a tank bag any maybe a tail bag for an extended stay. you have to empty them to remove them. If you want capacity and convienience go with givi. if you want style and adequate capacity go with the beetles. Or, go with the beetles for your road gear and a givi top case for clothes.

The Beetle Bags openings 6.5 inches wide by aprox 12inches in length and somewhat triangular in shape. I took a 7 day trip and packed everything I needed in them.

I'm a true beliver in the more room I have for packing the more I will take, so I just learned to take less items, jeans, socks, t-shirts, electric vest, some tools is about all I take on trips now.

No way can you fit a helmet.

The other part that sucks is that with the bags on, you can't use your helmet locks, either.

Thanks for all the info...capacity wise and looks wise they seem okay, I've seen the mod of eliminating the cut-out for the stock turn-signals. That looks a lot better, but hey, the bags are made of glass, so maybe I'll try to custom fab a set of bags this winter that could do it all.!............

'02 XX

Each bag will accomodate an 18-pack of beer cans but you have to take out the top 6 and put them on the sides of the pack.

They are great as far as looks, but you have to live with restrictions. Because of the shape you can only get soft/moldable/small items to fill up the space. I use canvas bags in them so I can pull out my stuff on overnighters.

• 1 month later...