CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel tank differences

Squirtster

Hey dudes,

I would like to know if the fuel tank from a 97-98 XX can be adapted to a 99-04 model. I know the newer tank is 2 litres larger, but will the fuel pump adapt and can I make it work as I keep finding the early tanks, but none for the FI bikes. Oh, and are the stock cans all the same from 97 to 04? Thanks Fellahs! :headscratch:

Well Rock,

I'm kinda looking for a cheap tank, but all I have found lately are the 97-98 ones. Trying a new job, so my funds are quite limited and I bought a theft recovery bike. I recieved a pm from a member with one with only one small dent and no paint damage. Maybe I'll get that one, fill it with dried peas, then add water and let it set over night. Whadda ya think? :idea: Still no word on my canisters if they are all the same or not though. THX for the info!!

Just got off eBay, still no tank :sad: But I did see something awesome. A 2000 Titanium in NY state, polished wls, vfr800 bars, etc. Perfect with 7900 miles for $2900 ending tomorrow afternoon.....SWEEEEEEEET!!! :grin:

They are probably in Europe and they'll promise to send it over, you just have to pay for shipping in advance...blah blah blah :]

Nope, NY state, and I turned him in to eBay. All I got was a small TY note, and a questionaire on how they can better serve me. I told them to offer a reward, but haven't gotten a reply. :???: By the way, did you used to hang out at the BBS Phalanx?

Hi Squirtster,

The answer to your cans question is, No the cans on the later models (xx1, xx2, xx3 and xx4) have Cats fitted so are not the same. The way to tell is; the first part of the can where it fits to the collector box is significantly larger in the bore.

This is true in the UK, but I reserve the right to be wrong for the rest of the world.

Stuey