CBR1100XX.org Forum

Utility Knives

rockmeupto125

I really like the little 6 inch utility knives I pick up at Harbor Freight for 79 cents.  They are handy and I don't mind throwing them out.  You know the ones I mean. Snap blades, different colors, cheap plastic feed mechanism.

I was sitting under a truck the other day sawing at a hard plastic air line and wishing I had a better blade.

Is there any similar utility knife you guys have found that has a quality blade.  I'm sure it will cost more, but that's not my focus here...just an overall better knife of the relative same design.  HF copies most everything it sells from a better product, so I'm sure it's out there.  Thanks!

I gave up on those completely.  I'm glad I did.  They are just too fragile, and you end up trying to be SOOO careful, and then slice yourself open as a reward.  Go ahead, ask me how I know.  I have them as a backup in bags, but now never use them.  I got a Dewalt folding utility knife and the Dewalt carbide blades that will cut almost anything.  Have never looked back.

EF0AF853-4A4E-4733-9B42-E05DE900D181_1_102_o.jpeg

016D95FE-9E03-45BA-A05C-54FC98255033.jpeg

• Like 2

I have 1 Kobalt utility knife in the kitchen junk drawer and one in the garage at each house. Easy blade replacement. And the Stanley blades.

Kobalt 55908 3/4-in 3-Blade Retractable Utility Knife with On Tool Blade Storage61ZZyysqBiL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Edited by TFT

I just scored a two knife Milwaukee combo set at the local shop for $19, one has a screwdriver on it.

https://www.waynedalehardware.com/shop/hand-tools/knives/utility-knives-and-box-cutters/utility-knife/324863-milwaukee-fastback-folding-6-in-1-utility-knife?SKU=395560&gsf=t

I also have a Kobalt folder I like as it has a slot onboard for extra blades, but Molly stole that one.

Not seeing it on quick search but it is a folder as well. My buddy went hunting in Africa and game them out as gifts to all the guide’s helpers.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-18mm-11-Blade-Folding-Utility-Knife/1001592028