CBR1100XX.org Forum

replacing regulator rectifier on 06 bird

poida

im not sure if the usa bird with the digital dash has the reg rec mounted on the right hand side or on the left,but im trying to replace the reg rec on my 06.it sits on the right side of the rear frame and the wires feed under the mudguard and then through a narrow gap between battery box and frame .there is not enough room to fit the plugs through the gap ,does anyone here know how it's done.

thanks rockmeupto125,removing the connectors from the plug seemed the easier option .glad i wasnt trying to replace the reg rec on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.swapping them out on my 99 model was about a 15 minute job.

so the new reg rec is installed but seems it's the stator thats kaput.under 12v at idle and up to 14.9 at revs.

ac volts on stator at idle 13v 13v and 2 v

1 hour ago, CALCXX said:

yeah, you found your problem, you have a bad winding.

yep,the old stator had some bare wires.had a spare stator that i fitted and will look at getting the old one rewound.i at least know now that on the 06 i will keep the spare reg rec without connectors fitted in the plug just in case i need to swap it out on the side of the road one day. 

• Upvote 1