CBR1100XX.org Forum

CCT Rattle

The Krypt Keeper

Doing some routine maintenance and while allowing the radiator to burp out all the air pockets I would give the throttle a couple light twists when I heard a rattle.

I dont hear it unless I rev up a little and let the throttle snap back closed. This replaced the original 20k miles ago with one from our late friend John Smith. 

It is a non manual one, anyone know what make these were or a source for new ones? 

20230722_105003.jpg

13 minutes ago, tomek said:

Nice CF covers.👍🏼

I got them from someone here probably close to 20yrs ago, cant remember who it was. Had to be a complete set that must have also worked on the X11 as 1 piece is completely hidden on the XX and another is mostly covered by the fairings. 

I always hated that gold color honda used on engine cases. 

8 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

I always hated that gold color honda used on engine cases. 

What do you mean? It goes great with the black......oooohhhhh, right.

10 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

I got them from someone here probably close to 20yrs ago, cant remember who it was. Had to be a complete set that must have also worked on the X11 as 1 piece is completely hidden on the XX and another is mostly covered by the fairings. 

I meant to comment on them earlier.  It's the first time I've seen them other than on my Bird.

6 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I meant to comment on them earlier.  It's the first time I've seen them other than on my Bird.

They use to be available in two colors, the black CF and yellow/gold kevlar. The person I bought them from changed their mind of adding them to their XX. I know the adhesive used to secure them to the covers must some of the strongest I have ever used. Like yourself, don't think I have ever seen them on another bird.