CBR1100XX.org Forum

Garmin Zumo 660 - SOLD

As new, barely used. Comes with all the extras for use a bike, car, etc. I got it with the bike I just bought and since I do not even own a cell phone (seriously) I have no use for it. The retail is $800 and the cheapest I could find a new one for is $650 on Amazon; mine is basically new and comes with many accesories. As you can see in one of the pictures it is mounted to the bike and hardwired in, which is easy to do, and I will include everything shown. $500 shipped in the US.

SOLD

post-33934-1315397392.jpg

post-33934-1315397403.jpg

As new, barley used. Comes with all the extras for use a bike, car, etc. I got it with the bike I just bought and since I do not even own a cell phone (seriously) I have no use for it. The retail is $800 and the cheapest I could find a new one for is $650 on Amazon; mine is basically new and comes with many accesories. As you can see in one of the pictures it is mounted to the bike and hardwired in, which is easy to do, and I will include everything shown. $500 shipped in the US.

DIBS!

PM sent.

As new, barley used. Comes with all the extras for use a bike, car, etc. I got it with the bike I just bought and since I do not even own a cell phone (seriously) I have no use for it. The retail is $800 and the cheapest I could find a new one for is $650 on Amazon; mine is basically new and comes with many accesories. As you can see in one of the pictures it is mounted to the bike and hardwired in, which is easy to do, and I will include everything shown. $500 shipped in the US.

DIBS!

PM sent.

Got it...sale pending!

I miss the tactile buttons from my 550 but like the 660.

Well I don't. I also like the bigger screen on the 660 and the A2DP Bluetooth support. While I respect your opinion, once again you are just wrong. :icon_duh:

You're like 60 years old, grumpy, and need a bigger screen and probably need A2DP (A.lways 2. D.eep/while P.enetrating?)

aSSuming it's your boyfriend. ASS :icon_biggrin: :icon_snooty:

Well I don't. I also like the bigger screen on the 660 and the A2DP Bluetooth support. While I respect your opinion, once again you are just wrong. :icon_duh:

You're like 60 years old, grumpy, and need a bigger screen and probably need A2DP (A.lways 2. D.eep/while P.enetrating?)

aSSuming it's your boyfriend. ASS :icon_biggrin: :icon_snooty:

Fuck you...I'm not 60. The rest is all probably true though. :icon_evilgrin: :icon_evilgrin:

That's why I jumped on this one.

The 665 only adds XM, which I don't use.

I tried the 550 and hated it because I wound up with a smaller screen (after you discount stuff you couldn't turn off on the display) and the 550's bluetooth was designed with cell phones only in mind, not stereo playback...it was useless as an MP3 player without a serious bit of workaround. The better BT protocol will open this matter back up for consideration.

That, and it's going to be a huge step up from my StreetPilot.

It seems like a lot of you know about these: there is a black cable running off the back of the mounting hardware on the handlebar - I assume that is just runs to the battery? I know it is hard-wired in so it should be easy to disconnect, right? And don't worry Jack, I will not break anything in the process!

It seems like a lot of you know about these: there is a black cable running off the back of the mounting hardware on the handlebar - I assume that is just runs to the battery? I know it is hard-wired in so it should be easy to disconnect, right? And don't worry Jack, I will not break anything in the process!

Actually there are three connections on the end of that cable but most likely it is just connected into the power. Of the other two, one is for a 3.5mm jack input and I think there is one for the XM antenna but since it's a 660 that wouldn't be used. The end connected to the mount is a permanent connection so don't be tugging on it cuz if it comes out it it means you done broke it. :icon_redface:

I tried the 550 and hated it because I wound up with a smaller screen (after you discount stuff you couldn't turn off on the display) and the 550's bluetooth was designed with cell phones only in mind, not stereo playback...it was useless as an MP3 player without a serious bit of workaround. The better BT protocol will open this matter back up for consideration.

See...now that's an informed and sensible opinion. Unlike Dave's. Tactile buttons...WTF?

Actually there are three connections on the end of that cable but most likely it is just connected into the power. Of the other two, one is for a 3.5mm jack input and I think there is one for the XM antenna but since it's a 660 that wouldn't be used. The end connected to the mount is a permanent connection so don't be tugging on it cuz if it comes out it it means you done broke it. :icon_redface:

See...now that's an informed and sensible opinion. Unlike Dave's. Tactile buttons...WTF?

Thanks. I may not be a mechanic but I am very careful so before I do anything I will be sure it is correct, and I saw that the cable coming out of the back of the mount is permanent so I will not pull on that at all and will be VERY careful! And if I have any questions I can call Jake and ask but I think it will be pretty easy when I take the seat off and see what is connected to the battery.

The cable on the mount isn't permanent....It comes off.

It's easy to disconnect...you won't have any issues.

You're ALMOST 60 !!!!

Yeah, I drive a desk for my day job so when it involves anything that requires me to think I am very careful. And I just turned 48 (really).

You're ALMOST 60 !!!!

The cable does NOT disconnect from the M/C mount at least not by design. I am NOT almost 60 I am barely 50. So now that's three things today you were wrong about including your absurd and retarded opinion on the Zumo 550. I am convinced that the only reason you miss the tactile buttons is because you are used to trying to find and play with, short stubby appendages in your own pants so the 550 was merely an extension of your own sick and twisted obsessions.

So....see you around 3pm on Friday...right Douche nozzle?

You're ALMOST 60 !!!!

The cable does NOT disconnect from the M/C mount at least not by design. I am NOT almost 60 I am barely 50. So now that's three things today you were wrong about including your absurd and retarded opinion on the Zumo 550. I am convinced that the only reason you miss the tactile buttons is because you are used to trying to find and play with, short stubby appendages in your own pants so the 550 was merely an extension of your own sick and twisted obsessions.

You guys crack me up, but I still appreciate the help...I will let everyone know if the cable disconnects (by design) from the mount when I look at it.

You're ALMOST 60 !!!!

Mine comes off....I think. Maybe I am thinking of the 550?

Seriously though....I liked the + & - buttons on the 550 for 1 reason only. While you were in MAP mode you could set it to advance the song choice up 1 or down 1 by using those buttons without switching from the map.

With the 660 you need to hit the music note icon to get to the music options. Pain in the arse.

Friday....what's Friday? :icon_biggrin::icon_naughty:

Here's a picture of the whole deal. Notice the "permanent" connection to the mount.

medscale010-11270-03esellerpro.jpg

There are actually four connections off the cable. Power, audio jack in, microphone and mini USB for XM antenna (supported only with 665)

UR gay...I'm not.

You're ALMOST 60 !!!!

Mine comes off....I think. Maybe I am thinking of the 550?

Seriously though....I liked the + & - buttons on the 550 for 1 reason only. While you were in MAP mode you could set it to advance the song choice up 1 or down 1 by using those buttons without switching from the map.

With the 660 you need to hit the music note icon to get to the music options. Pain in the arse.

Friday....what's Friday? :icon_biggrin::icon_naughty:

The 550's does come off but not the 660's. Funny that my 50 year old brain appears less feeble than your whatever age brain you have (perhaps 12). I guess I confused Friday with meeting up with someone who I actually enjoy riding with...my bad. :icon_rolleyes: