CBR1100XX.org Forum

Haven't updated this in a while. I have been doing this for several weeks...or months. I just changed the order since shit kept coming up on Friday/Sat and causing me to miss that workout I moved leg day to Monday.

image.png

I don't have anything as official looking and organized as that, but I did just switch things up a bit 2-3 weeks ago.

I've never assigned days of the weeks, just a progression, as in-

Day 1- Light stretching, legs and back,

Day 2- heavy stretching, cardio.

Day 3- light stretching, chest and shoulders,

Day 4- heavy stretching,cardio and core,

Day 5- off.

Repeat.

That always left me four days of recovery for any specific muscle group.

I decided to see if my old ass could do with a little less recovery. I'm really not hitting it all that hard and work is light right now so I get bored on off days

So now it's-

Day 1- cardio as soon as I wake up, later in the day light stretching, legs and back,

Day 2- heavy stretching and cardio and core.

Day 3- light stretching, chest and shoulders,

Day 4- cardio as soon as I wake up, later in the day light stretching, legs and back,

Day 5- heavy stretching, cardio and core.

Day 6- light stretching, chest and shoulders.

Day 7- Off

So I am on a seven day cycle right now but still not tied to days of the week. If I miss a day due to work, family or whatever I don't feel too bad because all it does is bump me back to a four day cycle, which ain't bad, though I am seeing a little better progress on the three day cycle.

I've always created or stolen and modified spreadsheets with my workouts on them. I print them out and track sets and weight as well as write the date on the top. I should keep better notes as so how my progress was rather than just numbers. I do typically make a scribble on them about vacations or injuries to explain misses or drops in weight.

I have been doing 27 mins of cycling first thing in the morning before eating. I couldn't decide between steady state cardio or sprints so I am doing 10min steady state, 7 min of 30s/30s sprints and then 10 min more steady state. I always lift in the evening.

I am also planning on adding a short workout for Sat to do some stuff I couldnt or just didnt work into the rest of the week like light power cleans or hang cleans, pull overs, shrugs etc. and maybe a really short heavy bag session.

When I started I had a notebook that a tracked progress and made notes in, that lasted a couple of years. Once I kinda knew what I was doing I developed a couple baseline workouts I’d go back to when I wanted to check progress. I got in the habit of switching things up a lot, both order of exercises and the exercises themselves. Doing the exact same workout every time bores the hell out of me. If there was anything I felt I needed to write down at that point it’d go on the mirror in dry erase marker.

Ive since become very on again, off again...been years since I managed to keep at it year ‘round and my actual workouts are all over the place. Probably why I never make any serious progress, but I’m okay with where I’m at. No notes anymore other than occasionally tracking those same baseline workouts. 

I do oddball stuff like shrugs, etc. at the end of my regular workouts if I can fit them in in under 60 minutes, my “reward” for getting though the main workout quicker, LOL. 

I do cardio in the AM before breakfast as well. I prefer to workout midday, but will fit in in when I can if that doesn’t happen. The biggest pain when it doesn’t is timing my diet.

Funny. I write all over my  mirrors with dry erase markers too. Usually related to my workouts. Weight progressions or new ideas for exercises. Though sometimes my mind wanders and its lists of stuff I need to do around the house etc.

I may have picked that up from you if you've mentioned it here before. I do know it wasn't my idea, I read it somewhere, thought "great idea" and started doing it.