CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone else running a mobil 1 M 108 oil filter

seeten1

I have used this filter on my last oil change with Mobil 1 15-50 after 2500 miles the oil still has the color of honey. I have read alot about filters, from what I understand this is the best filter on the market.

I use the Mobil 1 M110 on my TRUCK and it is a great filter that I think fits Honda motorcycles. However, it may be just a little bit long and possibly hit the header on the XX.

The Honda part number is 15410-MM9-013 and here is a reference for Honda alternative oil filters at the below site with the M110 mentioned.

http://www.yft.org/tex_vfr/tech/oilfilter.htm

I meant to add that I purchased a case of 6 off of this guy on Ebay

smarge1978

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=8033264410

for about $7 each shipped. He shipped quickly and I will purchase from him again. He seems to carry all sizes of M1 filters.

I'm using the comparable Pure One. It is a little longer than stock, but fits fine otherwise!

I purchase a "high tech", billet, re-usable filter from Scott's in Cali, It was outrageously expensive by the time it arrived in Canada, but the "tech" who works on my bike, yes, I use the dealer where I bought the bike, suggested I stick with Honda OEM parts. Here it sits, looking beautiful, and I don't know whether to install it or not. Suggestions, has anyone use this product?

I'm using the comparable Pure One. It is a little longer than stock, but fits fine otherwise!

I purchase a "high tech", billet, re-usable filter from Scott's in Cali, It was outrageously expensive by the time it arrived in Canada, but the "tech" who works on my bike, yes, I use the dealer where I bought the bike, suggested I stick with Honda OEM parts. Here it sits, looking beautiful, and I don't know whether to install it or not. Suggestions, has anyone use this product?

I wouldn't bother with it myself. Yes, I did look at it seriously a while ago and I asked myself: how the heck am I going to clean it? Even if I could, it'll be a bigger mess that just replace the filter (and now you will have to recycle the solvent that you use to clean it and also the used oil, instead of just the oil)

I wouldn't bother with it myself. Yes, I did look at it seriously a while ago and I asked myself: how the heck am I going to clean it? Even if I could, it'll be a bigger mess that just replace the filter (and now you will have to recycle the solvent that you use to clean it and also the used oil, instead of just the oil)

I didn't really think of this, I'm more concerned of the "filtration" ability, and is it really as good as Scott promotes? I let the dealer take care of the oil change but why do you think he suggested I stick with OEM? Thanks for your response, it make sence.

I didn't really think of this, I'm more concerned of the "filtration" ability, and is it really as good as Scott promotes? I let the dealer take care of the oil change but why do you think he suggested I stick with OEM? Thanks for your response, it make sense.

Here are the standard replies.

1. The OEM Honda filter has have a valve that does not allow the oil to drain back into the engine. You don't know if that is true on your replacement filter. (engine wear issue)

2. The OEM filter has a bypass spring specified by Honda. The bypass spring in the replacement filter may not be setup to bypass at that same pressure level. (possible engine damage issue)

3. The generic filter may not filter per Honda specs. (engine wear issue)

(NOTE: The shop guy does not know what the specs are for the Honda filter any more than you or I do.)

4. Your service guy didn't want to spend the time cleaning your new replaceable filter. (an oil change is a flat rate charge and it doesn't include time spent cleaning an aftermarket filter)

5. The service dept. didn't get to sell you a new filter. (dealer revenue issue)