CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mirrors...

CoolRunnings

Let me understand this...you just want to adjust where the mirror points? The mirror glass part swivels inside the mirror body. Hold the body and use your thumbs to push on the edges of the glass.

Let me understand this...you just want to adjust where the mirror points?  The mirror glass part swivels inside the mirror body.  Hold the body and use your thumbs to push on the edges of the glass.

:grin: I knowthat! :grin: What I mean is that after using up all the "adjustability" of the moveable mirror I need a bit more.

Ok, got it. How about stacking a couple washers under the rear mount point? A little will go a long way.

I've got one of mine all the way out too, but it does work for me at that level.

I've found that if you work it up and down while pushing out you can get it to pivot more. Mine are so far out that there is a gap on the inside between the glass and the inside edge of the mirror housing.

Do the Blues just stick over the top of the stocks? Are they worth it for a clean look and good vis? The site's all in Yipanese. What about the discount?

:grin: I knowthat! :grin:   What I mean is that after using up all the "adjustability" of the moveable mirror I need a bit more.

Turn your head $0.00

(I never rely on mirrors :grin: )

:cool: TJ :cool:

Here's an idea that's opposite of Magical's...

I replaced my right mirror with a FLAT piece of mirror glass (the stockers are slightly convex). This gives me a better view for approaching cops and such. I had to push the adjustment all the way out, but it works fine.

put mine on the INSIDE edge of the mirrors, since even with the mirrors adjusted all the way out, all i can see there is my fat, fat elbows. :wink:

i also got those round mirrors that are on a swivelling base, so i can point them even further into the blind spot. now using them i can almost see into my sideways peripheral vision...

I have mine on the outer part and work fine. Maybe i should try one on the inner side.

Big Boy, I have mine on the outer part as well. It just stands to reason that you can see more of your blind spot with them on the outside.

Turn your head $0.00  

(I never rely on mirrors  )  

TJ

spEEdfrEEk, you're joking right? Dude, that's so dangerous. Have you ever been caught by someone suddenly braking in front of you while your head was turned?

Joe

spEEdfrEEk, you're joking right? Dude, that's so dangerous. Have you ever been caught by someone suddenly braking in front of you while your head was turned?

I don't rely on mirrors either. I use them, but for a lane change I always look also... Mirror first, look up... then check over my shoulder, and go.

If you don't have time for a split second look over your shoulder to your blind spot, you are following too close...

I don't know about other states, but in WI, when you take your DMV drivers test, they deduct points if you DON'T physically turn your head to check your blindspot. Of course, just cause the DMV says it doesn't make it the truth, but with the blind spot factor... No mirror can cover the whole space as well as throwing a quick glance over your shoulder.

The split second it takes to do that is not dangerous if you are not following too close

i agree with nik! (it's always a special novelty to say that. :wink: )

when i took riders ed. courses, i had to shoulder check no matter what i did- starting, stopping, turning, lane changing, getting on the bike, getting off the bike, sounding the horn, picking my nose...

you get 5 demerits for each missed shoulder check on the test, and you're only allowed 20 demerits before you FAIL. yes, all-caps fail: FAIL!

You know, now that you guys mention it, I remember having to look over my shoulder during my riders safety course. I guess I got out of the habit because I never look over my shoulder while in my car either. I just feel more comfortable never turning my head from the road - to each his own.

Joe

Sorry if I'm ignorant, but as Magical Racing specifies only mirrors for the 1997 CBR1100XX model, will that work my 2002 model? A subtle change in shape would make it not work at all.

Don't forget me Joe when you are going to do the group buy! I want some of those blue mirrors also.

Ken