CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help!!! Anyone have one of these??

I noticed a slight smell of gas when getting near the bike...

I guess when I replaced my stator I managed to crack the Fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail... :icon_doh: Might be a old and brittle so it didn't take much...

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

Think it's too dangerous to ride like this even if I pack an extinguisher?? :icon_biggrin:

If anyone has one they want to part with I'd appreciate it, and if you have a lead on where I can get one fast I'd appreciate that too.

Part number shows as: 17527 mat d00

TIA.

:icon_cool:

I guess when I replaced my stator I managed to crack the Fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail...

:icon_think:

Im sorry, I have to ask it...Then again, maybe I wont.

Wish I could help ya though

I had to move the tank around some to fish the wiring to the stator to put it in it's proper position, I didn't move it much that's what surprises me the most about it...guess it was aging and moving it some pushed it over the edge..or it was defective to start with..??

DavesXX01 had a similar problem, after lifting the tank one too many times he figured it just had a stress puncture. My guess is for you, the combination of CA's ethanol gas and time, plus lifting the tank/stretching it a bit caused it.

get a new one, they do get bad, my 2000 one did the same. Some hose places can make one or repair yours also.

Ooo good idea....maybe a nice S/S braided one that will outlast the Bird itself...going to look at that route first :icon_wink:

DavesXX01 had a similar problem, after lifting the tank one too many times he figured it just had a stress puncture. My guess is for you, the combination of CA's ethanol gas and time, plus lifting the tank/stretching it a bit caused it.

You'd think I'd know better by now and stop digging around under my tank so much.... :icon_lol:

get a new one, they do get bad, my 2000 one did the same. Some hose places can make one or repair yours also.

Ooo good idea....maybe a nice S/S braided one that will outlast the Bird itself...going to look at that route first :icon_wink:

You'd think I'd know better by now and stop digging around under my tank so much.... :icon_lol:

I remember on of the guys said he took his in to a hose place and they recrimped his, as it was leaking like mine was at the connection. Another cut the crimp off and replaced the hose and used hose clamps. Also a quick fix.

I remember on of the guys said he took his in to a hose place and they recrimped his, as it was leaking like mine was at the connection. Another cut the crimp off and replaced the hose and used hose clamps. Also a quick fix.

I just got off the phone with a local place that said he could make me a new s/s braided one only he is not sure if he has the right sized banjo fittings and the right thread cut for the bolts, he wants me to bring it in to him, the banjos and bolts are $20 for each end and the line is about $10 a foot, if I get one made I'll post up pics of it. :icon_surprised:

I just got off the phone with a local place that said he could make me a new s/s braided one only he is not sure if he has the right sized banjo fittings and the right thread cut for the bolts, he wants me to bring it in to him, the banjos and bolts are $20 for each end and the line is about $10 a foot, if I get one made I'll post up pics of it. :icon_surprised:

If he is good he can reuse your ends with new crimps...

Nice, but what's with the fucking blue messing up an otherwise sweet looking piece of kit? :icon_twisted:

:icon_lol:

That was the only color choice Spidey blue and red.

So it was about $50 then?

$54 after taxes to be exact.

Nice, but what's with the fucking blue messing up an otherwise sweet looking piece of kit? :icon_twisted:

Amen.

I love the braided hose but fuck, either go all blue or all red. The combo looks like ass.

It's hidden under the tank!!!!!!

Prolly the last time I see it for two years.... :icon_surprised:

Weld that shit. Hell, you could even just brazen it. I wouldnt even worry about taking it off the bike or draining your gas or some time consuming shit like that. Perhaps some duct tape until you can borrow a welder or torch? :icon_twisted:

Weld that shit. Hell, you could even just brazen it. I wouldnt even worry about taking it off the bike or draining your gas or some time consuming shit like that. Perhaps some duct tape until you can borrow a welder or torch? :icon_twisted:

Yep then the bright flash and loud bang will tell you don't have to worry about the leak anymore. Along with any other worries you had in life.

Hey hooplehead where ya been - Just make parole? :icon_think: :icon_razz::icon_lol::icon_lol: