CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bridgestone 020

Tjvulvula

Just make sure they are the 'bird specific ones, W for the front L for the rear, it does make a difference according to people who had the wrong ones on then went to the correct ones afterwards, all to do with the weight rating and abnormal wear. Love mine, good grip wet or dry.

I had 020's on the bike last year. Got roughly 10,000 kms out of them. They worked well in all types of riding. I've got Pilot Roads on the bike now, and I prefer the 020's. I'm not overly happy with the pilots, not near the "Stick" of the 020's.

Sorry not an overly good description. But my $0.02CDN none the less! :wink:

Cameron

I don't like the 020's, personally.

They stick well enough, but the front will cup like shit long before it's worn.

My AV39 was good for 10K miles (16K km), with very minor cupping right at the end of it's life.

For the riding you do, Dave, I'd go with the Pilot Roads you talked about previously.

Now that's my $.02 (also Canadian). :grin:

It's so strange how different experiences we have with tires....

I had the 020 on the ST1100 and I liked them, but not as much as the Pirelli Dragon GTS.... I think I sold the bike with about 8K miles on them and they still looked okay...(700 LBS motorcycle !)

I had the 010/020 combo on the XX. Mind you, the 020 came off of the FZ1 (FREE tire !) with about 2k. The previous owner didn't like it.... :roll:

It lasted on my XX for about another 6k.

I put the 010 on the back next, and not only the 010 lasted 8K, it was so much better tire than the 020 !

I run the Pilot Road now, more than 5k on in now and not much wear on it.

I like these tires a lot and I think they are better than the 020.

I'll definatelly buy them again :cool:

Cheers,

The front 020 cupped worse than anything I've ever owned. Towards the end while pushing the bike around, it felt like there was a knobby on the front!

No problems with the rear. If they would redesign the front I'd buy them again.

I got 16k out of an 020 on the back of mine once. However it wasn't ridden hard.

Front tire does cup, but I haven't had one that didn't AND have the rear last any great length. It might be that all fronts cup, but only the ones that have a longer wear tread you actually notice it on. :] The others your already replacing before they have a chance.

Hey Dave things are OK, Thanks.

For the rear 020 I've got from 5300-6400 miles till bald. 2 tires.

For the front 020 I got 9700 miles till "bad cupped and bald on left" according to my records.

They stuck great for me till draging pegs.

We don't seem to get anywhere near the cupping and wear problems over here that you do with the 020 in the U.S. Seems using the correct type - W on the front and L on the rear - with the higher loading does have a real bearing on it, believe they are not even listed on the U.S. Bridgestone site.

I got 16k out of an 020 on the back of mine once. However it wasn't ridden hard.

Front tire does cup, but I haven't had one that didn't AND have the rear last any great length. It might be that all fronts cup, but only the ones that have a longer wear tread you actually notice it on. :] The others your already replacing before they have a chance.

Mikey, you've never used the Avon's, have you?

I got that mileage (16K km) from my 39, with only very minor cupping right at the end of its life.

Good grip? What's the full name of the tire so I can see about ordering them down when I'm at the gap next weekend.

Are you kidding me?

That tire was absolutely awesome for grip. If I had to buy a pair of tires right now, I'd go with an Avon AV49 front, with an AV46ST rear, if you want great grip, and long life.

If you're really ham-fisted, then go with a 50 rear, but I don't think you need it, IMO.

What air pressure are people using on the 020's?

38 PSI front, 42 PSI rear ! :cool:

I use my XX for SPORT touring :roll:

I personally like the BT020s, had those on my 03VFR and even on my 01R1 ! :lol: