CBR1100XX.org Forum

help with tooth prob..

black black bird

Ok here is the thing i have been advise to drop 1 thoot on the front

my question is do i need to change the chain the rest of my present chain and sproket is oem

2nd question if 1 drop 1 in front and up 1 at the rear what happens here ?

3rd question any recomendation for how to arrange the number of thoot i ma looking at a better pick and too much lose in top end and fuel economy thanks in advance my learned friends

:)

I have been running the -1 on the front for a while with the stock chain and rear sprocket. It fits well, but your chain adjustment indicator will be off a little bit. It will show more stretch than you actually have. I just put a 46 tooth sprocket on the rear and the adjustment indicator went back to stock. The rear gave it a little more grunt. I estimate actual top speed at 165MPH. I haven't ridden the bike much since the rear sprocket change, so I cannot comment on fuel economy.

1) You will need to change your chain.

2) What happens, you will come out of the hole faster so becarful not to let her role you over!

3) I would go with the DID gold X-Oring 530 120 link or the other DID they have. No your gas milage will suck after doing this. But 6th gear will feel and act like 5th, top end will suck also. But who needs to go 185mph?

I think it adds a plus to her if you plan on running B Line. But if you like touring she will eat gas fast!

Hope this help.

dropping one in front really increases your acceleration in the lower gears. By just dropping 1 in front I think your top speed will be about 170MPH. By adding a tooth in the rear I think I dropped another 5MPH on top speed. 165 is fast enough for me.

I've been running an AFAM 16t front for a very long time, probably 45k miles (not the same one, obviously). I really like it. Stock chain is fine; you certainly can't remove a link with only a 1-tooth change. The wear indicator will be off as said, but that's useless anyway. You'll know the chain is worn when it gets noisy as hell and the bike surges as it goes through tight/loose spots.

I don't recommend changing the rear because you can only get them in aluminum. That wears fast on a bike of this size and power. The OEM rear sprocket is good for at least two chain replacements, maybe more.

with the 16 tooth front my top speed on the gps is 172. i also have a 2 bros full system and pc2 and my mileage is better than a few other stock birds that i have taken long trips with.