CBR1100XX.org Forum

scraping

paul99xx

is it possible to scrape an XX?

mine has serious scraping on the right hand side, footpeg and centre stand, i'm hoping someone can tell me they've done the same without falling off :)

I've never touched the center stand down, but the bottom of my fairing on both sides have touched down, and the weld joint between the header pipe and the mid-pipe, has some of the weld ground off. If you are getting to the center stand, I would say that you might want to consider that your limit, as far as lean angle.

You both need to set your suspension sag front and rear.

I used to drag my fairing both sides and the collector on the right.

I then increased rear preload so I had 1 1/2 " of sag at the rear and used PVC pipe spacers in the forks to achieve the same up front.

Now I only drag peg feelers. :grin:

Regardless, when dragging solid items it's time to stop.

:) well i'd like to claim i scraped an XX but i've just bought mine and i'm concerned that the heavy scraping means my bike has been dropped :cry:

well the guy i bought it off volunteered that he had the right side of the lower fairing resprayed so perhaps you're right, the bike still rides straight even when i take my hands off the bars and sit back, apart from the inherint cbr bar shake sometimes :lol:

I've touched the right side pipe down at the leading edge, and both pegs, but nothing else. I've seen pics of the front part of the fairing ground down. I think which part hits first depends on your riding style, weight, and suspension setup. I know I tend to shift my weight rear when cornering, probably part of the reason.