CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who has deactivated LBS?

KawRider

I was wondering if there are any write-ups on how to de-activate the LBS, and... looking at the calipers it looks like you would have to install some set screws or something. Would it be possible to deactivate the rear LBS, and not the front? I just miss having the ability of using the rear only in certain situations (turning the bike around at low speeds).

Thanks,

There has been a few people on here that have done it. I don't know if you can just delink the rear without delinking the front. Perform a search on "de-linking" on the forum. There has been a couple writeups on how to do it. You can buy a kit that has everytning you need from a place in Europe I believe.

Not much time at the moment. but I can tell you the way it's set up you'll have a hard time de-linking just the back to front. The whole system is tied together. A search on de-linking will get you more info, good idea. The place in Europe (England, actually) is called 321ignition, sorry don't have a link but a quick gooogle will find their site.

I delinked mine. I bought the delink bracket and new front master cylinder from I believe TRS...there is a UK japan connection. I had the lines made up locally. It is not hard to do. Like others have suggested, do a search for delinking on this site.

Porter

I am seriously considering buying the EVO III de-linking system from 321ignition. Has anyone here purchsed this system or the EVO II that would be able to answer some questions about it?

How is the quality? Any problems with the order or installation?

How long did it take to recieve your order?

How well is the system been working?

Was it worth it the money for the product recieved?

Thanks.

I am seriously considering buying the EVO III de-linking system from 321ignition. Has anyone here purchsed this system or the EVO II that would be able to answer some questions about it?

Thanks.

EVO II

- Quality of machined components is as good or better than Honda OE. Employs Goodrich braided hoses. Fitment was perfect. Nothing missing. Instructions get an 8/10 (a couple of points were mildly confusing at first).

- I purchased it while visiting my brother in the UK. Seb overnighted it, as promised.

- Exactly as you would expect. If I deliberately grab a handful of front brake, it'll lock up just like a 'normal' motorcycle brake system.

- Yes.

Note that the reservoir sizing combined with the parallel hoses means that you will have increased lever travel, but conversely increased feel and power. Some guys go to a larger (I believe) master cylinder to reduce the lever travel, but this will also make the action more 'wooden' and will reduce ultimate leverage (brake clamping force). I'm fine with the OEM master cylinder, personally, and Seb recommends you don't change it out.

-Pace

Thanks.

To answer your questions:

The quality is top notch, whether you choose the EVO II or III, and the Goodridge SS hoses are just as good as any other aftermarket brand. I also like the fact that the fittings are threaded on to the hoses, so one can remove a hose without breaking the seal at the banjo bolt. I've installed these kits in my VFR and XX, respectively, and they went in without a hitch. Took about 1 week to receive my kits from the UK. I am completely impressed with how well the kits work. FYI, some people may urge you to purchase a larger front master cylinder to install during the conversion due to the conversion. I did this for the XX, but not the VFR, and I actually prefer the OEM master because if offers more feel through the brake lever. I am completely satisfied, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another kit.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Colin

Thanks to everyone for answering all of my questions. I will be placing an order with Seb within the next few days. I don't mind paying for quality when it somes to something as important as brakes. Sounds like it will be money well spent.

Yeah... dive is somewhat increased, as expected. As for reduction in components, I have a box full of brake lines, connectors, and distribution blocks that came off the bike. I would say that the 321ignition de-link reduces the number of components to half. It's a much simpler setup that requires less hardware.

-Pace