CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pond 101

Motobeagle

On May 13th the wife's company is holding a company "Build a pond" where contactors fly in a learn pond building techniques. They build us a huge pond for free! Very cool process, if anyone wants to come out and see. We preordered about 13 tons of Wisconsin blue stone, as well as having to order Granite locally. Looking forward to hand feeding my Koi.

Come out and see.

19431759.jpg

19431752.jpg

19431775.jpg

19431764.jpg

Very cool. I working for a mining company. We make ponds also, but ours are like 100 acres plus :grin: Depends on what the land owner wants.

We will have a little 95 acre pond done in about 2 yrs where we are mining at currently.

Depending on the size pond you are getting 13 tons may be kinda small. I have 20 tons of crushed 57's in my driveway. Going to be getting another 20 tons to finish it up. I get free stone each yr from the company.

If your going to be using some bigger stone be aware that big stone is $$$ and some boulders you use in landscaping the ground must be setup to withstand the weight of the rocks. If not properly done they will actually sink into the ground over time :shock: I have seen trucks carry 2 or 3 boulders on a flat bed truck with just the rocks weighing 50,000 lbs.

Here is my companies website www.luckstone.com look around at some of the different materials you can use. Some may be available in your area or similar.

Yeah the 13 tons is just some of the special rock the wife wants that I had to buy. The company is filling it in with granite, and "shale.?" I am actually considering renting a truck and heading out west to buy some Red Rock. It's might be expensive, but it would look great, and hell I've got a CDL.

I'm going to look into it while I'm out that way week after next.

Too funny,

The wife is the Customer Service Sup at their headquarters.

You contract installs?

Next time you call, ask for Heather (as you will get someone she's trained), and tell her you know me. She gives XX discounts. :wink:

Thanks for the contracting tips. Were ordering all the rock through her place, so the price isn't too bad at all.