CBR1100XX.org Forum

UFO LED lights are here....

2equis

I already bought the clear alternatives tail from John... I wonder how this would work w/ the clear tail... since it already has the leds in it, it would probably have to be gutted... or use the clear lens with the factory gousing and the leds from this kit... gets expensive fast...

-John

hmm. i watched the videos. some of those settings look pretty neat, not too cheesy like i'd imagined. and also a possibility of removing the turn signals... (provided i don't use the stuntaz strobe light mode) combining that with potentially added braking visibility... it just might be worth the high price tag.

maybe i should take my tax return and be the forum guinea pig... :wink:

or perhaps i'm falling into the marketing trap of that website. :oops:

I'm waiting for the group buy, then... :cool: Joe, you hooking that up? If not, I can ask...

Or perhaps one forum member has to stick their neck out and buy one to evaluate it before others commit? Maybe they'll send one for reviewing purposes...

It would be neat if we could add some sort of light diffuser layer between the LEDs and the tail light plastic, so it would blur the light together a bit without detracting too much from the brightness. Not sure I like having 18 precise LED clusters diagonally positioned around the board...

Or better, personally I think it would look better in strategically positioned lines of LEDs. That way it would look a little less random, more factory like the SV's brakes...

msuzisv7.JPG

instead of:

led-tail.JPG

so something along the lines of this... except much prettier. (forgive my 20 second mspaint job)

led-tail2.JPG

hmm, I wonder how hard this would be to make... I could call up Ruhi for some LED advice after seeing his nice license plate lights...

If so, the LED's I think light up red, so your clear lens should work fine  

This is straight off the web site:

Q: Is it as bright as stock? Do I need a clear lens now?  

In general, LED's are much BRIGHTER than factory bulbs. We use the same superflux automotive-designed LED's used in factory brake applications, but we generally use MORE than the factory does. You will not lose brightness or have a smaller viewing angle with our UFO light kit. Because the color of the LED's we use is tuned to the correct color for an automotive light, you do not need to replace your light lens with a clear lens, however because the LED's are clear when they are off, if you buy a clear lens, you will get the "totally clear" look.  

I wasn't really concerned that they wouldn't work because the lens is clear, my concern was whether the clear lens housing internals are different than the stock housing... if I rip the guts out of the clear housing from John, is the board thats intended for the factory housing gonna fit in properly... is the clear housing from clear alternatives identical to the stock housing, save color and the fact that the CA leds were siliconed in there...

-John

Wrong about what?

About ALL of you - people ! :twisted:

:wink:

I thought the LED's were red - they are white......... :???:

Cheers,

White when off - red when on!

Anyway Joe I'm up for some - better rear lights, brakes etc very much on my agenda since being rear ended.

Thanks Joe. It's nice you don't have to get a certain minimum # of orders for the group buy.

Now I just have to decide if it's worth it, changing a part that I never see for $150. Although, it'll be nice to remove the stock turn signals.

Joe, you don't know if they have any sort of satisfaction guarantee in case we feel they aren't bright enough?

WHAT!!!! NO LIGHTS FOR MY 97??? :shock:

Oh the shame .... the agony.... the humiliation of it alll

I know , its because I am a short , bald , Jew who has an ass fetish that you have excluded me from this group buy .... You'll be hearing from my Black lawyer in the morning , Joseph :twisted:

:cool:

Has anyone bought and tried this item?

I e-mailed them and offered to beta it and give feedback and they declined. (supprise...)

Said they had given several to forum members to try.

Who are you, they wouldn't say...

Joe asked

WTF are you talking about?

when Ralph asked

can nothing be done for the Pre Fool-injected bikes ?

And it all started here JOE !

Only for forum members, and only on the new XX taillights,

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why only till the end of the month ?

I'm buying few things and can't afford the UFO light now.... :sad:

Cheers,

Clear Alternatives is in the process also of making a LED board with integrated signal lights. Won't be ready for another month tho and anyone with existing C.A LED taillights can buy just the board and swap it out and then remove the "blinkers" from the rear.

I will be alot cheaper than 150.