CBR1100XX.org Forum

surging at 4.5K and up

scubajohn

Well the first problem with my bike :( it has started to surge when at about 4.5K and up in rpms. While accelerating. It does not go Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it goes WaaWaaWAAAWaaaaWaaa You can hear it and feel it.

Could it be the power comander ? I have had it on the bike for over 8K with no problems till now.

I have never ran a FI cleaner should I try that ? will clogged injectors make it surge ?

I am going to try removing the PCII and see if that helps or at least make sure its not loose.

Any other Ideas ?

While I am at it when you change sprockets Whats the best way to tell when its time to replace a chain ? I am in the replace area of the swing arm but it went into that when I lost a tooth up front.

thanks

Hi John:

I dont know how often you ride your bike, but I had a very similar problem with mine. It turned out to be my battery :roll: So obvious yet so far away :lol: I jump started it to take it for a ride and only cruised through town initiall at very low RPM's, maybe up to 3-3.5k. Well, this wasnt enough to sustain a charge on the battery from the alternator, so she started surging, lights went on and off, FI light came on, then finally died on my way back. Tried to turn key and dead as a door nail :cry:

Prob. not it, but thought I would add my dos centavos :lol:

Steve

it could be :) I think its still the original battery from 2000. and when at idle if I rev it a little the light will get way brighter but if at over 1K ior so and I give it gass it does not. More things to look at now if I just had time.

I ride it as much as possible, It had sat about 4-6 months while I was moving but now gets ridden at least 3 times a week for a 30 minute freeway trip to work and then back. I try to keep it under 100 :) but ususaly cruise at about 90.

Thanks keep them coming.

i've noticed a similar RrrrRrrrRrrrRrrr feel when above 5000 rpm on my bike. current known problems on my bike are a dead R/R and a very loose chain past the end of its life. I didn't notice the problem when doing the charging voltage test (revved rpms to 5000 while in neutral.) so I wouldn't be surprised if the chain is part of the problem...

• 2 weeks later...