CBR1100XX.org Forum

tyres again

pai

i am running sportec m1s front n rear but my rear is going soon. the front still looks good for quite some time. say, can i change the rear without changing the front? i am intending to change to either a bt020 or diablo rear. any comments?

No need to change both unless you see something wrong with it?  

I have the sportec M1's and have not had the chance to use them yet. I also have a new set of Mich sportpilot Brand new if someone is looking for a new set of tires.  

Let me know.

letting go for how much? :grin:

Personally, I would not mix brands (are the profiles compatible?), but that's just me.

If you make sure that the stickier tire is in front, odds are that you should be OK (at the safely level).

That said, expect shit to happen coz nobody ever tested that mix. Under the 'right' conditions, mixing tires cand send you bouncing down the road.

My attachment to a BT57 front once almost cost me dearly (tankslapped at 130).

Hugo

• 4 weeks later...

I have the sportec M1's and have not had the chance to use them yet. I also have a new set of Mich sportpilot Brand new if someone is looking for a new set of tires.

Why are you selling the sportpilots?