CBR1100XX.org Forum

"Corvette" Trike...........

I love how it says clean MS titile, but the dash is gone. Good luck with that. That's called an assembled vehicle at that point, which means it will have to have an assigned VIN since the current one is not displayed.

The VIN is usually stamped into other parts and doesn't have to be displayed on the dash, just has to be there somewhere and unaltered. It could have been reassigned as well and have a clean title. For most states it would be better off with a motorcycle title. Pretty sure that's not a dodge 360, probably a chevy motor.

I know all about VIN locations, as that is literally what I do for the State of Alabama. You can't sell it on the Vette title, since the original VIN and Federal Inspection Sticker have been removed from the vehicle, although the title could be used as proof of where the parts were purchased for the paperwork on the assembled vehicle VIN assignment. It would be classified as a motorcycle, and it would require an assigned VIN.