CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dilemma plus feelers??

Here's the deal..

You may remember a while back, I bought..(stole).. an '01 which I then put a few bucks into and flipped it to my buddy for what I had into it. Since then, hes put quite a bit of time and money into it. Basically the bike looks out of crate, new. The only blemish is where I tried to peel the warning label off the tank. Now there's a slightly darker shade of red rectangle where the sticker was. Farkles are few, but good ones. Reworked fork internals, upgraded spring, VFR bars, Michelins, RK x-ring chain. Other than that, bone stock. (it might have a Corbin on it, I cant remember)..Anyhow...

He wants something different and told me I could have it for $3500. Anyone else, its $4500. Its an insane price for that thing, and I'm so tempted, but what the fuck am I going to do with it? My VFR is just as mint and I prefer it over the XX. Do I buy it and just park the XX? Or do I put it up here for him. I don't have the heart to try and make money off it.

Any interest/suggestions here?

I have the money, but it's like..why? If it was like an adventure bike, or a Harley, shit even a small beater. Furthermore, that would mark my 3rd XX. 4th if you count the same bike twice. I don't know. I would rather see it go to someone who would ride it, but on the other hand, I could always sell my VFR. I guarantee I could get 3500-4k for that..

Ugh. Really. If there is any interest here, I'll get up some pics.

Yes. Pics please. Don't need a second Bird, but if I did it would be a 2001 Red Bird.

They'll be up soon. Not sure what you guys want to see though..LOL. Except for the sticker blem, it's a pretty much flawless stock red XX. No bobbed fender, no clears, no shit hanging off it. He's actually so anal, he was going to buy the OE warning sticker to put it back on.

Yeah, talk to Stan if you are on the fence with purchasing an additional '01 :D . I think JB4XX and Rockmeupto125 can also provide advice on the benefit or risk of multiple XX's...

• 5 weeks later...

post-22-0-41758600-1409874139_thumb.jpgpost-22-0-87152800-1409874156_thumb.jpgpost-22-0-53204300-1409874176_thumb.jpgpost-22-0-52646800-1409874196_thumb.jpgpost-22-0-30177100-1409874213_thumb.jpg

Here ya go. Bone stock except for VFR bars, MRA screen, Corbin, and I think Race Tech or Progressive fork and shock springs. Lots of new, recent parts..(pads, air cleaner, plugs, chain). Bike is TITS. PERIOD.

$4500

Not sure if pics are good or not. Taken with an Apple phone. ...

Edited by SR71BLACKBIRDXX

• 2 months later...