CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tool strap in brand new condition but bike doesn't run :)

paul99xx

it's been a while but i thought incase anyone has the same issue i'd write the conclusion to the story.

I finally bit the bullet and took it into my trusted Aprilia/Suzuki/Moto Guzzi/KTM/Seadoo/Spider shop and they got it going, electricals all good, just cleaned the injectors and a fresh tank of fuel and it's running again, i'll get them to do the valve clearances while it's there. Having a celebratory beer now, so happy to have it going again.

I was reluctant to take it to a shop, a guy at work told me of a blackbird with similar issues and the shop took 30 hours to diagnose the problem. But after they found the obscure problem with my Aprilia in a morning i thought i should give them a go.

So not sure if my replacing spark plugs, fuel filter and fpr contributed to the solution or not.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support they are much appreciated.

Did you get really bad gas to plug up the injectors?

they think it was bad gas, and then because it was sitting so long the injectors got clogged. So if i'd thought to drain the tank completely as soon as it wouldn't start it probably would have been fine. Oh well at least it's going now.