CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Motor

Chewtoy

Instead of doing BBQ, I replaced the motor in the old CB750 with a CB900 mill.

Hardest part was getting the engine mounts right. Pity they can't be seen. They cost about double what the motor did!

She fought me every inch along the way. Thankfully, I have an understanding machinist close by.

Of course I had help!

sparta_bike.JPG

When I had had enough for the day, cleaned my tools and jumped in the pool.

The old CB750 F motor is going to - no shit - Singapore! You'd think they would be swimming in old bikes there. Guess it caught someone's eye on eBay.

More here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/107980032549223313420/posts/91WUBJj7t1T?pid=6032816701176645746&oid=107980032549223313420

Edited by Chewtoy

NICE.... I sometimes wish I had the... casual time for fun little projects like that.

I happen to know you are very generous and helpful to others with your time, Evil.

But do make some time for yourself. One day the sun will come up and you won't be around to see it.

Shhhhhhh.... keep it down, you'll screw up my Evil image with talk like that.

I do (sort of, sometimes life dictates), and yes that's true, but hopefully not for a very long time from now.

Cool. What's the swing arm from?

CB400SF - not imported to the US. Bought it through Rinkya. F2 forks, wheels and brakes.

Edited by Chewtoy