CBR1100XX.org Forum

I should have listened....

TurboJoe

If you are thinking of doing the ZXXX conversion...Do not use the ZX14 fender. Since I fininshed my project I have been using a Carbon Fiber ZX14 Front fender. The guys here on the forum warned of the blockage of air flow to the radiator. 210 -230 degrees was the norm highway / traffic respectively.

I finally got around to making brackets to use the ZX10 fender. Installed and tested both highway and heavy ATL traffic...190-208 degrees. WOW what a difference. :D:D:D:D:D

Now I regret the 200 dollars spent on the carbon 14 fender. Whats worse is I had to slightly modify the upper tips for clearance purposes...urrgghhh Birds are more narrow between fairings.

Lesson learned - Listen to your fellow forum members warnings!!!

What do you guys think...get a carbon ZX10 fender?....stay silver?....or just add carbon side plates to the silver fender????

ZX14 fender is the Carbon one (for carbon reference only)

ZX10 fender is the Silver one

post-415395-0-73859300-1404057874_thumb.

post-415395-0-90367300-1404057980_thumb.

I have had more people notice the wheels than I have notice that its a front end swap. I did a 6-over stretch so it would be subtle. So Hanksxxx gets one point for his comment. I love to keep some originality...

But blackhawkxx gets one for having the same thought as my best friend.

Decisions decisions decisions.... Keep it coming guys :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: