CBR1100XX.org Forum

engine swap write up and mounting bolt tool needed

cecome

I am in the process of swapping my old motor with a much better setup. I can not break the engine mounting bolt locks with a hammer and a punch. Manual calls for a special tool that Honda says they can no longer order. If anyone has the proper tool I could borrow I would be thrilled. Additionally I looked for a write up on engine removal/replacement and did not see one. I am working from the shop manual but I know sometimes the board members have found more efficient ways. Please help a brother out if you can. Thanks to all in advance.

The tool is available through Motion Pro and is called a clutch tool.
I'd check the number on mine but it's on loan to a guy in Florida.
Lemme see what I can do...
Hank

ordered the MP tool per Hanks part number. We will see I won't have time till Monday anyway. If it takes a week or 3 I would prefer to do it right. Thank you all!!

put some man juice on it... ive done this probably 20 times in my life on several model hondas and NEVER needed more than a flat puch and a hammer...... just saying!

I made mine out of an old cheap socket. Got three. One for engine mounting bolts, one for steering stem nut, and one for the swing-arm bolt. They're not perfect, but they work. Also, makes it easy to torque properly.