CBR1100XX.org Forum

TJ Help?

Northman

I've been stalled for almost 3 weeks now, and can't seem to crack that -40lb barrier, even though I've been at 39 several times.

Last Friday, I had Easter dinner, complete with squash, cabbage rolls, scalloped potatoes, etc. Went back to "normal" for a few days, and nothing.

A few days later (Monday), I had a few beers after work, then still nothing for days.

Yesterday, I had 4 slices of pizza, followed by a pastry dessert, and have yet to see any results.

I can send you a more detailed description of what I've been eating, if you're able to help me break through this barrier. It's really starting to piss me off!

Thanks for the help, and the results I've achieved so far. I've never been on a diet that's allowed me to retain all my strength, energy, and stamina while shedding pounds like no tomorrow.

chris

I am kinda in the same stalled state as Chris is. I was stuck at 187 (down from 205) pounds. Did drop to 185 but now staying right there. I cheat once a week and then right back on the diet.

When our weight room opens back up at the fire house I will be able to get back on the tread mill. Hope that helps out.

Ken

Sorry it took so long guys, I had been neglecting this section

of the forum, my apologies!

Ok, lets see:

I can send you a more detailed description of what I've been eating, if you're able to help me break through this barrier. It's really starting to piss me off!

Sounds good, PM me with it and I can take a look at it..

One thing, you may want to get really strict for a while. Sounds

like you've tried carbing a bit too frequently recently. Try

to hold it to one meal on the weekends. I won't know for

sure until I see what your meal plan has been.

Also, don't get too discouraged with a 3 week pause, it can

sometimes take over a month for the body to adjust to

a set weight level (bodyfat level). If worse comes to worse, and

you can't get restarted, I can give you a couple of tips

to get you going. (they are extreme, but temporary)

-- more on that later ;-)

I am kinda in the same stalled state as Chris is. I was stuck at 187 (down from 205) pounds. Did drop to 185 but now staying right there. I cheat once a week and then right back on the diet.

Same advice here too. Have a bit more patience, there can

be many issues at work here. The exercise plan you mention

will DEFINATELY help to unstick you.. And, in fact, I can give

you some strategies for the treadmill that will help you out.

I'll pay more attention to this section in the future, sorry for

the negligence :???:

:grin: TJ :grin:

Thanks TJ, I did drop another couple of pounds. Hoping the Fire house will open up this weekend so I can start working out again.

Ken

I'm also pretty much stalled around 40. Lately I haven't been keeping close track due to the travel and all, so I haven't given it much thought. I'm so happy to have lost 40 in less than two months anyway, and feel so much better.

I've also become a preacher of the diet... A lot of people are interested in asking me about it when they hear me decline any sugars or carbs. I've converted quite a few people. Oh, this means you may see some strangers in this section of the forums--hope nobody minds, but with the wealth of info here, I've invited some friends and family to read this stuff.

I think I have my dad's interest, which is my top goal. He's just been diagnosed with Lymphoma. A low-carb diet is a great fight against the disease itself, plus I've been learning it can do wonders to curb the effects of chemotherapy. I've also brought some other family around, as in Cuban culture we tend to eat shitloads of sugar and carry a lot of excess weight around our middles--a recipe for early disease or worse.

Anyway, I've rambled...I'm stuck too, so any of the extreme measures would be interesting to hear. TJ, whenever you have time (I know we ask for a lot of your time and expertise here), can you post a new thread on "How to break a barrier" or whatever such items you care to speak of? Thanks!

Thanks for the help, TJ. I'll go back to low carb (under 20) for a week or two, and note the changes.

Other than that, I'll PM you my meal plan, and hopefully you can help.

Thanks again. :)