CBR1100XX.org Forum

1997 Brake Rotor Options / prices

BigBirdXX

Hello fellow riders,

Anybody here stumble on or know of deals on front brake rotors.

I would like to go with EBC or WaveRotor etc.

Maybe someone on the forum is selling a set of front rotors for a 1997 cbr1100xx.

Thank you....

having recently scoured the web for wheels, i can offer a little insight on the availablity of rotors.

you're in luck. the early (black center) rotors are much easier to find than later for some reason. i wouldn't be afraid of ebay rotors provided you buy from a seller with a bit of history. you'll have to take their word for straightness and thickness (3.5 mm min., iirc) but, ebay / paypal should give a bit of protection.

the later gold center rotors are not interchangable. an admin here was kind enough to school me on the differences. the spacing of the mounting holes in relation to the hole in the middle differs. if you need, i can dig up his excellent tutorial.

i have no experience with the aftermarket cheap chinese rotors and would prefer used oem.

Hello fellow riders,

Anybody here stumble on or know of deals on front brake rotors.

I would like to go with EBC or WaveRotor etc.

Maybe someone on the forum is selling a set of front rotors for a 1997 cbr1100xx.

Thank you....

Did you damage yours or just wear them out?