CBR1100XX.org Forum

How to clean your Bobbins......

John01XX

taken from the .com site that I was looking at today.

I have this problem with my fancy stealth wave rotors that gives the feeling of a warped rotor.

Rotors are straight and true but pulse when front brake applied.

Here is a quick easy solution that I will be doing tomorrow morning myself.

Never knew. I don't usually let my bikes get filthy, but on a long trip in bad weather I imagine they could get nasty. I did some winter riding in northern tier states and it was amazing the mess that calcium chloride makes in very short order.

The SuperHawk had a pulsing rotor for years. When I loaded it in the truck to take to RacerXX, I did it an night in the snow and failed to see the ratchet strap across the front disk. No more pulsing, works great now.

Thanks for the video!

Good to know.

I bought new rotors for the Hurrican' two summers back I paid a pretty penny for parts. It was my understanding that I was getting these floating rotors.

I got solid disks.

EBC just made a part swap and sent them.

I ordered and had them installed a couple days before a ride, if I'd have had them sent back, 'Id have had to ride withe old solid rotors that did have a bad pulse.

It always kind of felt like bait and switch. I would think flat pieces of steel should be way cheaper than these assemblies.

I have had this problem for a couple years. Very slight pulse feel when front brakes applied.

had my local shop check the rotors for warpage, if that is a word, and they came up true and straight.

Pulled the front wheel and cleaned the bobbins as best I could without taking the rotors apart and briefly fixed the pulsation.

Slowly it returns over time. I paid a pretty penny for custom color anodized stealth brand wave rotors from Germany that are floating.

I just now finished the cleaning as by the video and loving the brakes again and no more pulsation

I picked up a 1/4-20 flange bolt and flange nut at Home depot and a can of brake cleaner from the auto parts store to get the job done.