CBR1100XX.org Forum

front sprocket

vrodguy12

You'll lose a little fuel economy,not much.Performance is better but not night and day difference.I went to a 16 pretty quick when I got mine so its hard to remember and I was never concerned about fuel economy,it was always lousy compared to everybody else tho,umm I think that's just how I ride. :icon_whistle:

I went 16t just after the first oil change, so I have no clue what to tell you other than do it. I had a 15 for a while but it's kinda short for the street and puts the chain way out with a stock rear sprocket.

My dragbike had a 12/49 for a wweekend but I was in 6th in the eighth mile. Gained no ET because of all the shifting!

I have a 16 sprocket and it makes a great mod for almost no cost. I did a 13.1% amendment to the speedo sender with a speedohealer, and that makes my speedo almost 100% accurate.

At 1800m above sea level I still get power wheelies on a good launch, and can get the front up on a slip change to 2nd with no problems. On my one trip to the coast it was quite scary in that the front lifted TOO easily for my taste in 1st, but wheelies in 2nd were a breeze. 17% more power at sea level was a buzz of note :-)

I didn't even thik about the speedo anyone know how much it will be off?

It will vary a little bike to bike, but I think mine was at least 10% off. Never calculated it.

Very little change in mileage with a 16T sprocket, but power wheelies will be even easier.

+1

Pretty sure my bike was off exactly 10% verified via GPS with the 16 tooth. I had a GPS mounted in front of the speedo and never looked at the stock clock on my 1998 bike.

If you do not correct your speedo your mileage will calculate the same, but you will be off 10% so instead of 40mpg you will be getting 36mpg.

I run 16/47 which is 13.1% as I recall. Prior to the speedo healer I got 40mpg and after if went down to about 34mpg.

It's hard to keep the conditions the same. Even on a trip one blasts through the gears sucks down a pint and throws off the calculation.