CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS-2008 Ducati 1098

What they're selling for on ebay and the amount of fees they charge I think you'll loose a lot. I've been reading and looking at the pics since you listed it, and drooling. I wish my damn boat would sell and I'd probably buy this thing!

When I had my 999 my only real complaint was the intense heat that would burn my legs on a hot day. What gripes or low points would you say the 1098 has?....and do you want a boat? :-)

I just sold a bike on eBay. For the audience you reach it's worth the flat $125 fee. Well worth it.

I had the Kawasaki sold through the exposure alone in 72 hours. Ended the auction early which only costs the $25 listing fee.

Bike sold, paid for and picked up in 5 days flat.

eBay is the way to go. For the exposure alone.

You would think, and I hope for him. He may have to hold out some, but his seems the superior bike compared to many listed. For some reason the closed listings for nakeds are killing the normal 1098 which seems weird. I was looking up the 999 as I miss mine and they're fetching a pretty penny considering they were getting some negative press and the 1098 was the new better replacement. On CL the 999 and 1098 are about the same price.

I really can't say anything negative about the bike. Having no gas gauge is the closest thing to a drawback about this bike. It has a low fuel light, so it's not a big deal.

No thanks on the boat, bit I'll bet you would look great on a Duc! ;-)

I really can't say anything negative about the bike. Having no gas gauge is the closest thing to a drawback about this bike. It has a low fuel light, so it's not a big deal.

No thanks on the boat, bit I'll bet you would look great on a Duc! ;-)

Not sure what it'd take to look great, but I'd feel great and that's all the give a fuck I have in me. I really loved the 999 and wouldn't have sold it if I hadn't needed the $. I stretched finances to buy it because I got a smokin deal ($3600) and when it was time to refill the coffers I dumped it and made $. It helped that I got to buy it in the spring and sell in the winter and still made out, hard to do. The 999 was so easy to ride and very comfortable (other than the burning legs) which was quite surprising. Something about it seemed to part traffic too. I could lane split in any conditions at ludicrous speed and I swear everyone saw me coming and the seas parted constantly. It felt like an extension of my body and just went where I wanted it. It looked FANTASTIC in the family room too. :-) I haven't had a fuel gauge 'till the bird so that's no issue. Does the 1098 have the track timer standard or is it an add-on? The 999 had it and I see conflicting info on the 1098 being standard issue or not. I so wish I had immediate cash to drop. I like all the stuff it has and that it's a mono with the bi-posto option. You should just ship it to me so it stays warm for the winter ;-)

Yeah. The 1098 has a standard issue lap timer.

I know what you mean about a bike seeming like part of your body. My 1098 seems like it's almost telepathic after the suspension mods. The Kyle 30mm triple and the Ohlins bits changed the whole personality of the bike. The stock set up used to push a bit in the corners when you got on the gas hard. Now you can hold your line or change it at will. It just goes where you point it either on or off the gas. It's the best motorcycle I've ever ridden. I wouldn't even think of selling if I was still riding.

• 1 month later...