CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ohlins damper -sold!

I can bolt it right up on my SV650 with a GSXR750 front end!

Might shave a couple seconds off my RacerXX lap times.

$75.00

Maybe more, if you're still using the stock rear shock. :icon_eek:

$75.00

I only wish a mechanical device would make me faster!

My lap times are not determined by the HP, shocks, damper or anything mechanical at this point!

It is all about the lack of skills for this old geezer.

I just want to show how cool I am by having an "Ohlins" damper of my SV track bike!

I can always lie about my times!

$75.00

I only wish a mechanical device would make me faster!

My lap times are not determined by the HP, shocks, damper or anything mechanical at this point!

It is all about the lack of skills for this old geezer.

I just want to show how cool I am by having an "Ohlins" damper of my SV track bike!

I can always lie about my times!

Well, I guess a wheel isn't a mechanical device, cause I went a full second a lap faster at Hallett when I put Dymag wheels on the Bird. Nothing else was changed.

The shock may not make you faster than other SV riders, but with proper set-up, you'll be faster than you were before.

Well, I guess a wheel isn't a mechanical device, cause I went a full second a lap faster at Hallett when I put Dymag wheels on the Bird. Nothing else was changed.

The shock may not make you faster than other SV riders, but with proper set-up, you'll be faster than you were before.

Totally agree. The weak link is the rider for 99% of us, but properly set up equipment will help anyone go faster. My example- in 2009 I spent some $$ on suspension and professional setup on the SV1000 and was was running 1:26s and the occasional 1:25 at the local track (Blackhawk, and yes, that's slow, fuck off). That winter I lost 30-35lbs. and in 2010 I had a hard time breaking into 1:28s because the suspension was totally off for my new weight. Being lighter, I should have been faster, but I wasn't comfortable on the bike. Riding a properly equipped and set up bike inspires confidence, and confidence is key to going fast, "fast" being a relative term, of course ;)

So no matter your skill level, equipment and setup can count for a lot.