CBR1100XX.org Forum

3 seriously nice leather jackets - size 46.

Good customer of mine brought these in hoping I can help sell them for him. He's a neat old guy,former California motorcycle trooper. Getting old, just sold what he says was his last bike. Brought me three jackets and asked me to help get rid of them. Prices are his and firm-ish.

#1 Vanson "Dr House MD" black leather jacket. Vanson has two versions of this coat, basically with and without the race patches on it, which this one does not have. Basically it's black with red/white stripes. I'd call it new without tags, looks like it's never been worn. Vanson quality for sure. $275

#2 First Gear/Hein Gericke brown/factory distressed leather. Brand new looking. Bad ass looking classic motorcycle jacket. If it were a 48 it would be mine already. $175

#3 Custom jacket by Stone Lake Leather. If you have never been to their store, they are a small place that makes top shelf leather motorcycle goods. Medium brown in sort of a classic English style. Size tag says 35-35 1/2 18-28. Also brand new looking, not a mark, scuff or bug on it. $200

post-1712-1349957768.jpg

post-1712-1349957843.jpg

post-1712-1349957871.jpg

can you give the chest measurements for the other two jackets outside flat.

thanks

all of them look really nice, but I am interested in the brown one, looks pretty sharp, does it have protection inside?

E.

can you give the chest measurements for the other two jackets outside flat.

thanks

all of them look really nice, but I am interested in the brown one, looks pretty sharp, does it have protection inside?

E.

Not totally sure how to measure to answer your question. From point of the shoulder to the opposite point on them both is 21 inches. The Vanson is a US 46, the brown one is just a touch tighter fitting. From what I remember meeting you on your shopping trip in Damascus, I believe it would fit you pretty well. Cant guarentee though.

Brown jacket has no armor but is double stitched and has extra layers on the elbows, etc..

From what I remember meeting you on your shopping trip in Damascus, I believe it would fit you pretty well.

Roomy interior and exterior pockets combined with low key, sensible styling you say? :icon_biggrin:

From what I remember meeting you on your shopping trip in Damascus, I believe it would fit you pretty well.

Roomy interior and exterior pockets combined with low key, sensible styling you say? :icon_biggrin:

Not sure I would be that gay about it... ;)

Not sure I would be that gay about it... ;)

The Billy Mays rule comes into play here: "Pitch to the market you have, not the market you want!"

I'm just kind of amazed nobody has taken the Vanson yet.

Me too. If I didn't already own two Vanson jackets, I'd be all over that thing at that price. Still tempting, but I need another jacket like I need a hole in the head.

I'm just kind of amazed nobody has taken the Vanson yet.

Me too. If I didn't already own two Vanson jackets, I'd be all over that thing at that price. Still tempting, but I need another jacket like I need a hole in the head.

The jackets are bite size midgies. You would hurt yourself trying to squeeze into them. (Otherwise I might have already made an offer.)

pm sent for Vanson

Tim, does a Vanson 46 fit you well, at least for length?

I actually own a 46 and a 48. The 46 is a little short in the sleeves, but nothing a pair of gloves doesn't easily cover. The sleeve length is close to perfect on the 48, but it's a little big through the torso. Both could be called short in the waist, but that's more a product of how Vanson cuts their sport style jackets than anything else.

It's worth noting I'm 6'10" fingertip to fingertip, so my arms are longer than they should be for my height (6'3").

The jackets are bite size midgies. You would hurt yourself trying to squeeze into them. (Otherwise I might have already made an offer.)

I recall you're a tall guy, are you heavy as well? I was still squeezing into a 46 when I was 230+ and out of shape and it actually fit pretty damn good when I was 215-220 and in shape.

It's worth noting I'm 6'10" fingertip to fingertip, so my arms are longer than they should be for my height (6'3").

I recall you're a tall guy, are you heavy as well? I was still squeezing into a 46 when I was 230+ and out of shape and it actually fit pretty damn good when I was 215-220 and in shape.

"245lbXXRider" - down to 233 right now - Maybe I'm off a bit. I usually think of business suits running me at about 52. My Joe Rocket that I bought off this board is a XXL. My wingspan is only 6'-9" so I have less of a sleeve length problem. ...and I could use a years worth of sit-ups to reduce my mid-section.

I'll have to try on a 46 up at the stealer to make sure of what my problem is, but I thought it was more shoulders/not being able to curl my arms forward.

That last jacket - custom brown - looks interesting, like it might cover up a bit more of my back in cold weather.

I usually think of business suits running me at about 52.

In business suits an off the rack 48L is about perfect for me, though I have to buy separates because I don't have the 38 inch waist that's apparently supposed to go with a 48 jacket. If you're a 52, you and I are built very differently even if our heights and weights are in the same ballpark.

I usually think of business suits running me at about 52.

In business suits an off the rack 48L is about perfect for me, though I have to buy separates because I don't have the 38 inch waist that's apparently supposed to go with a 48 jacket. If you're a 52, you and I are built very differently even if our heights and weights are in the same ballpark.

have you tried the athletic fit/cut ?

The pants are smaller than the normal fit.