CBR1100XX.org Forum

two things

Dotetcher

Anyone ever have a corbin re-covered? Got a gunfighter and lady that the leather has split where it wraps around the bottom of the seat.

Also looking to replace the steering head bearings with tapered ones on my '97. When I did it on my last '97 I borrowed a tool from AirborneXX that he made. Does anyone know if there's another one of those floating around on the board somewhere. Tnx.

Skip

I can't help you, Skip, but I can offer this.

I have a corbin that needs recovered, and I from what I could research online, Corbin is absolutely no help. Essentially, its a custom re-cover, so go to someone with a good rep. Sargent does them without protest, but they're still a tad pricey. If its just a beater cover, perhaps a repair from a local upholstery shop would be the most productive/economical.

+1 on corbin's "helpfullness"...

you'd think with what we pay for these things and the fact they have a factory full of craftspeople, they'd be more willing to let them work.

Corbin GF&L on my 900F is right at 10 years old and is failing at the same spot. It has always been just shy of sitting on a solid 2x10 board anyway....seriously hard and uncomfortable after a short while. I'm gonna pony up one day and get the guy at a local shop to redo it and an old CBX seat at the same time. It does look nice, but I'll never bother with another Corbin.... :icon_snooty: Guy here does show quality work and loves old bikes too, so I'm confident he can do something nice.

I absolutely LOVE the stock Bird seat.....don't see how it could really be better.... :icon_whistle:

I had a corbin recovered on a goldwing, I had it done at an automotive upolstery shop, there are places that do bikes too, you could probably find them on cruiser forums. I had one done (not a corbin) for my 'strom, both places did great work.

He's probably a little far from you but he did mine http://www.gotitcovered.ca/ He's recovered Corbins.

It's been a long time but I sent one in and they fixed and returned, not bad then, price or time.

I do need to have the seat on the TSR redone and that is going to be hard. It's glued, no staples. Hate to even ask.